Smoking [H]ot: MSI 1080Ti Ebay (from mining operation) $290!

Discussion in 'eBay Auctions' started by /dev/null, May 6, 2019.

1. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] [H]ard|Gawd

they can if people don't file chargebacks

2. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

but Doesnt ebay/paypal do it automatically when they shut down the auction?

3. NovaCloud

NovaCloud Limp Gawd

Unless this guy has a massive farms of 600+ 1080 ti's... but very unlikely now..

Note** Although I did purchase one before I activated the 10% eBay bucks and the guy DID give me refund on my first purchase about an hour ago.. not sure if that amounts to anything though...

***Also sent the guy an Ebay message expressing my concern's about not being legit.. Will let you know if he replies back...

Hi, actually problem was that eBay repost my graphic cards like item unlimited, I well accept it and I sent email to ASUS is the most cheaper GTX 1080 ti.. budget was fine and I order 10 pallets, but I discover that PayPal holding forever until item is not arrived. I just realize that is not possible for me to pay 73.000USD in advance and I just cancel it.

I suggest you to send email to ASUS if you have 120 or more order. They trading less than 230USD per unit.

Regards.

I am guessing that was for the 4 listings he had after the first 2 auctions???.. Which he has since taken down at this time 11:27 AM... trying to get clarification for the first 2 auctions he listed however..

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. Furious_Styles

Furious_Styles [H]ard|Gawd

What's that saying? There's a sucker born every
    lol the broken english and wtf does Asus have to do with this? Scam: successful.

5. NovaCloud

NovaCloud Limp Gawd

Oh well.. I used a credit card for my purchase so no biggie the funds are held up or not.. I am getting the money back either way eventually....

6. Furious_Styles

Furious_Styles [H]ard|Gawd

I, like others in this thread wonder if these scams do make money somehow. They must because they have been running them for years now.

7. Rvenger

Rvenger [H]ard|Gawd

SKY CRYPTO LTD. refunded $290.00 USD from your purchase on May 6, 2019.

Welp, so much for that.

Furious_Styles likes this.
  8. /dev/null

/dev/null [H]ardForum Junkie

Yep, I got refunded as well. It was worth a shot :)

9. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

10. CruisD64

CruisD64 2[H]4U

Well my order was cancelled but theres lotsa broken english in datacenters. Oh well. Was worth a shot.

11. MyNameIsAlex

MyNameIsAlex Limp Gawd

When you say "we" and "my comapny" it sounds so very legitmate- this is a one man operation very obviosukly

12. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] [H]ard|Gawd

sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Occasionally I have to poke ebay to get it to happen.

13. Skillz

Skillz [H]ard DCOTY 2017

This makes it sound like he is buying these directly from ASUS and shipping them out. However, he doesn't have the money up front to buy the pallets of GPUs before he can send them to people who won the bid.

At least, that's what I got out of this.

Mode13 likes this.
  14. Mode13

Mode13 Gawd

I can translate that, He sold $73,000 worth of imaginary hardware thinking the money would clear into his account first so he could (theoretically but not actually) buy and ship them second. When he realized Ebay held the money to protect from herp derp scammers, he refunded everyone.

or maybe he's smarter than meets the eye and was doing it just to gather personal information on buyers. At the least he got addresses right?

15. MyNameIsAlex

MyNameIsAlex Limp Gawd

I kind of doubt it, harvesting that sort of data is kind of like low hanging gruit no? It's easy, readily aviable, and people will only pay a few pennies for it

A much better scam wouldve been to buy an established paypal and ebay account, collect $200,000 for 400 cards, then buy 200,000 in gold and for this guy to just move the fence from Uzbekafgahnistan to Ghezbanhkeistan with his gold coins/drugs/guns

Mode13 likes this.