Smart Reply Comes To Inbox By Gmail On The Web

HardOCP News

[H] News
Are you really so busy that you can't spend ten seconds replying to an e-mail? I get tons of e-mail every day and this still doesn't look like something I would use. What about you?

Just like in the Inbox mobile app, Smart Reply saves you precious time by suggesting up to three responses based on the emails you get. Selecting an option starts a reply, ready for you to either edit or send. 10% of all your replies on mobile already use Smart Reply, so we’re excited to bring this same convenience to the web. It's particularly helpful when you're jamming through lots of emails on your laptop.

I can see some functionality being useful. Obviously it depends on whether this is a personal account or business account. I go through periods at work where my responses tend to be the same over and over.
That said, I'd be more interested in Google getting to the bottom of Inbox and Gmail notifications being spotty for Android Marshmallow...

I think this would be most useful as we start doing things more by voice or using wearables. With a mouse and keyboard, this mostly seems like a waste or an annoyance.

Edit: Removed quote.

Smart reply works for yes, no, ill get back to you responses. Otherwise if you have to include information, then no.

Back