Smart Boot Manager

doh-nut

Supreme [H]ardness
I can't seem to get this to work, no matter where I go i get access denied:

sbminst -t us -d 128 -b sbm_bckup.dat -y

this is supposed to install smart boot manager to the harddrive, so when i boot up i get the menu, but access denied.

I guess i've never had to change the way the computer boots manually before. i tried a clean boot cd and still i wasn't granted access to do it. how can i do this? their website doesn't say from where you have to do this command.

edit: it works with a floppy, but this is useless to me, because some machines i'm trying to install this on do not have a floppy.

what would be perfect is some thing like barts clean boot cd, but with harddrive support, so that i could backup the original MBR. but even the ultimate boot cd doesn't have harddrive support.

oops, i killed my MBR and all my stuff is gone that was nice.

what i dont understand is why the ultimate boot cd doesn't have any ways of formatting a partition with NTFS. i simply want to make a new partition, format it with ntfs and boot so i can install windows again. i know winxp can do it, but i want to be able to format other harddrives with ntfs.

i just want to make a partition and format it with ntfs. no tool on ultimate boot cd lets me do this even though there are about 8 partition programs on it. no plugin in bart pe lets me do this, and im not going to install some bloated version of win pe just so ican partitiona nd format.

diskpart is supposed to work, but oh it doesn't run in dos mode. it needs windows. oh but wait i dont have god damn windows because i dont have a god damn partition. so how is this program useful? oh thats right it can work in bart pe....WRONG. doesn't work in bart pe.

hi im new to computers, how do i format a godamn harddrive with NTFS without using the windows xp cd. son of a bniantghc

the windows install disk for the NT based (NT 4, 2000, XP, 2003) OSs can do the partioning and formating for you. Thats the only way I know to do it.

well, lets say i dont have a windows cd, i just want to partition and format ntfs. teghre has to be a way without the cd, a freeware way

Back