Smallest case with ATX Mobo/PSU support

I know this is kindof blasphemy because it's not actually "SFF," but I figured of anyone would have knowledge of such a niche case, this crowd would!

I want to compact my existing build into the smallest possible case that I can, and handle my watercooling loop externally with a MO-RA3. I briefly browsed ITX mobos that would fit my 3900X - briefly because there's only three - and realized that between all my niche peripherals and Oculus Rift, I'm not ready to give away the option for expansion I/O. Plus keeping my existing board will keep the cost of this wholly unnecessary move down a bit.

I'm looking for a case that will support a full ATX board, a full ATX PSU, a full length GPU, two 3.5" drives, and has a little extra room to cram things like my Aquaero, pump, and reservoir. No bigger than absolutely necessary for that stuff and a couple of fans. I've found the Cooler Master MCB Q500-L, and the Riotoro Small Gaming Case so far. Any other notions?

You found what I found; I currently use the CM Q500, setup in a vertical orientation.

If you want to add price, the Sliger Cerberus X is technically smaller, but easily can creep into the high $200 for a case. Reportedly very well made, though.

You found what I found; I currently use the CM Q500, setup in a vertical orientation.

If you want to add price, the Sliger Cerberus X is technically smaller, but easily can creep into the high $200 for a case. Reportedly very well made, though.
That Cerberus looks awesome, especially with the modular slotted mounting rails all over the place. I bet they'll come in handy for mounting a pump/res/Aquaero etc.

The price is just so high on that Cerberus case. Someone around here had one for a little while and said that the airflow wasn't all that great either.

The price is just so high on that Cerberus case. Someone around here had one for a little while and said that the airflow wasn't all that great either.
Yeah, the price is tough. I'm not too worried about airflow though, since neither my GPU nor CPU will be dumping heat inside the case, I would imagine I'll only need a little airflow for VRM heatsinks, drives and such.

The CM Q500 is pretty sweet.. I bought one on sale not long ago... Hoping to have the rest of the parts needed to assemble it soon

The CM Q500 is pretty sweet.. I bought one on sale not long ago... Hoping to have the rest of the parts needed to assemble it soon
The really nice part about the Q500L is the front, bottom, and top panels are identical. This allows you to move the feet from the bottom to the front, and use it as a vertical case :D

horrorshow.JPG

The really nice part about the Q500L is the front, bottom, and top panels are identical. This allows you to move the feet from the bottom to the front, and use it as a vertical case :D

True: inverted EATX with almost all slots used :)

Q500L-01.jpg

Don't set your hope to high, that case have quite bad air flow, so that system run hot & loud.

Don't set your hope to high, that case have quite bad air flow, so that system run hot & loud.
Yeah, there is a reason why both of our photos look like Noctua just threw up everywhere. It's needed to keep the temperatures down. I just quite liked the potential for vertical mounting (big time FT03/FT03 mini fan - though I can easily see where SIlverstone let down each design), and leaped at it.

VanGoghComplex I'm also looking at the 011 Mini with an eye for watercooling.

Back