Smallest Case for 250w On-board Psu; 2 HDDs; No GPU?

fn9

Weaksauce
Looking for a small air-cooled solution for a system without discrete graphics.

I see there are some ~7L options with on-board PSU (no external power brick), that can fit big GPUs. What's the smallest case I can use to fit my specific requirements?

edit: m.2 drives will not be an option.

Thanks

I assume by "onboard PSU" - you want a case that fits something small like a flex ATX supply, but not something where you would be using a pico PSU or something that would require an AC/DC brick.

Also assuming if you want small and air cooled you're not running something high end, so... why the need for a 250W PSU if you're just going to have system w/ 2 hard drives? Any processor that would require that much power isn't going to be able to be air cooled in such a small case.

If you're set on having a 250W PSU with some kind of standard type of power supply, maybe the geeek A10 or A20? They have a slot for a GPU (low profile, single and dual slot respectivly) and a pair of 2.5" drives, but the A10 is 6.3L and the A20 is 6.9L, so they're not much smaller than the others you've found.

If you didn't mind having a small power brick, and you can find one, the Antec ISK 110 has room for a pair of 2.5" drives and it is pretty small - 3.7L. It uses a power brick with a DC/DC board.

I don't know that you're going to find much smaller than that - the Mini Box M350 is only 2.5L and does also have room for a pair of 2.5" drives, but you'd have to be using something like one of ASRock's Pentium boards with an integrated PSU, or a small pico type PSU, to use that.

So is the Geek A10 the smallest case out there that fits my specs?

You need to provide more detail on your PSU requirement. Also are your HDDs 3.5 inch or 2.5 inch?

I need a 250w supply (not sure what else to specify), and 2x 2.5" HDDs. Can anyone recommend something smaller than the (sold out) Geeek A20 (A10 is n.l.a.) that fits my requirements?

THANKS

Last edited:
What about the CCD MI-6? It's only 6.7 liters, can handle up to 3 drives (2.5"), plus an ITX GPU (190mm long) if needed.

What about the CCD MI-6? It's only 6.7 liters, can handle up to 3 drives (2.5"), plus an ITX GPU (190mm long) if needed.

Nice rec. Seems like there are no options less than ~7L for 250w On-board Psu; 2 2.5" HDDs & no GPU.

4.9L
https://www.jj-computer.com/artinfo.php?artnr=V0000106

5.1L
http://www.lc-power.com/en/product/gehaeuse/mini-itx/lc-1360ii/
(this one comes with a 90w PSU, but it's Flex-ATX, so it can be swapped with a higher power unit, though 90w may be enough - see below)

I thought "on-board psu" meant no external power brick
Simple enough, the term you're looking for is "internal PSU".

I need a 250w supply (not sure what else to specify
I think the question implied is WHY do you think you need 250w?
No GPU, just two notebook hard drives and a very tiny case suggests your system will draw less than 100w at all times, so 250w seems overkill.

Back