Smaller Gaming Laptops

Greeve

n00b
All,

I am looking at purchasing a very portable yet very game capable machine. I am looking for some potential options in this market segment. So far I know of the very small Alienware m11x. Is there anything else that I should consider given my requirements? Price is not a super huge object. I would like to know if there is anything else that I should consider other than the Alienware one. Thanks in advance.

-Greeve

I really enjoy my Vaio Z for gaming. A little larger at 13" but still only 3lbs.

Take a look at the Envy 14 and Lenovo Y460. The Vaio Z mentioned above is a great option too, but can get pricey.

I've got the M11x and love it. I've got an R2 (335GTm & i7-640m). Both the GPU & CPU are OC'able and can handle a lot of the games I play @ native resolution. Sometimes I have to take the settings a notch, but this is mobile so I don't care. I am on the road 75% of the time and can't game on the corp laptop so this comes along with me.

Thanks for the leads guys. I really appreciate it. I am a few months off from making this purchase (Tax return!) but I want to start looking now. the Lenovo looks nice, and it'll have a tech refresh coming out very soon. Plus I am also interested in what else they will pack into the m11x when it gets refreshed. Anyhow, thanks again.

-Greeve

Thanks for the leads guys. I really appreciate it. I am a few months off from making this purchase (Tax return!) but I want to start looking now. the Lenovo looks nice, and it'll have a tech refresh coming out very soon. Plus I am also interested in what else they will pack into the m11x when it gets refreshed. Anyhow, thanks again.

-Greeve

it's going to be a little while, if ever, that the m11x gets refreshed from the current r2. Also take a look at the Dell XPS14.

Honestly though if your needs are netbook like portability, netbook like battery life, but full size power, for around $1k the m11x is pretty much the only thing available.

Back