small watercooling for video card and CPU

hardc0re

Gawd
Hi,

For my next build I am planning to watercool my cpu and gpu, are there any kits that can fit inside a medium sized ATX case and proivde silent operation and room to overclock? budget is $300

There are some ok kits out there, but why not just buy exactly what you need? Lets see for $300 in a mid tower with room to oc: (specs would be better, but here's a rough list)

Swiftech MCR220 radiator $45
Laing DDC-2 w/ Petras top $100
Swiftech Micro Res $15
D-Tek Fuzion cpu block $65
Danger Den Maze 5 gpu block $43
Tubing, clamps, additives, fans, etc $30

Rough Total: $298

There are some ok kits out there, but why not just buy exactly what you need? Lets see for $300 in a mid tower with room to oc: (specs would be better, but here's a rough list)

Swiftech MCR220 radiator $45
Laing DDC-2 w/ Petras top $100
Swiftech Micro Res $15
D-Tek Fuzion cpu block $65
Danger Den Maze 5 gpu block $43
Tubing, clamps, additives, fans, etc $30

Rough Total: $298

Yep, you can even save some cash and grab a Tline instead of the res, and a D5 pump instead of petras DDC-2...

QFT, then add on a radbox to hang it outside the case. (assuming he doesn't want ot mutilate the thing)

Yeah I thought about adding the RadBox in there, but he mentioned he wanted it internal. Add another $15 for the RadBox if you decide to mount the radiator externally.

Whoops, didn't see that. Yeah, problem with mid size and internal mounting is without some modification, you can't fit a radiator that can handle a GFX and a CPU and have room for OCing. If your up to the task, its doable (I personally am doing it in an antec 900), but its not easy.

Back