Small size mouse with low LOD and no prediction?

xeefus

Limp Gawd
hello- I'm looking for a smaller sized mouse with low lift-off distance and no angle snapping/prediction/line straightening etc and very little/no negative/positive acceleration.

I have a few requirements though - around 800-1200 dpi setting, using other than 6/11 in windows results in weird skippy movement with the cursor and higher would just be too high for my liking.

I would really prefer optical with red LED since that seems to have the best lift-off distance on my current pad, Aritsan SHIDEN

Comfortable with "claw grip" and a bit lowered front/button 1 & 2.

I have tried the Steelseries Xai, Steelseries Kinzu, Razer Abyssus, which are the only 3 I can think of that fit the description but all 3 of these have major issues. The abyssus is super uncomfortable, the buttons are way too high up and it just feels squeaky. + the sensor is rather uneven, kinda shaky.
Kinzu is super comfy, perfect button feel, great scroll wheel etc - but it has a terrible sensor with built in positive acceleration.
The Xai just won't work with my mousepad, gets way too high lift off distance... also it's kind of a lottery, some seem to have a great sensor while some seem terrible. + it's a tad bit too big to use with claw grip.

I hope there are some mice I've missed that might be suited for me.
thanks in advance !

I have tried that one but it has too much prediction, not to my liking. thanks though

No such mouse exists that has 800-1200 dpi, no prediction, little to no acceleration, and low LOD. You will have to make a compromise somewhere.

Zowie EC 1/2 has the MX518 sensor, and thus predicition. It also has acceleration which cannot be disabled (no drivers).

Microsoft Intellimouse 1.1 has 400 dpi, but meets all other criteria (minor negative accel)

Deathadder has a fairly high LOD, but meets all other criteria (except potentially size).

That's about it really. You've covered all the rest.

You can wait a few days until people Puretrak starts shipping out the Valor and reviews start popping up, however while the mouse is short it is quite wide.

abyssus if you're a claw/fingertip

I mentioned that in the OP, it's a bit too tall/high for my liking, can't get a comfy grip with it :(

this is such a bother, why can't they make a nice mouse... there are people who modded the Kinzu with the DeathAdder 3G sensor, which should be like the perfect mouse. I wish I still had my DA so I could do this mod.

I suspect the Zowie Mico will be with prediction, but nobody knows... looks like a super comfy mouse though.

Back