small business antivirus/malware

magoo

[H]F Junkie
Neeed advice on software.
Re-did our office hardware.
15 stations total.
Old system only had 5 that were online, so I just used eset. Its pricey. Over 1000 per year.
Recommend me a new vendor? Or other suggestions.

I have used Vipre with success, its relatively inexpensive and does the job, central management console, small workstation footprint.

Eset is like $20 a year for endpoint AV.

I use vipre but don't care for it much, mgmt console is slow, detection is just ok, eset knocks the socks off it.

Eset is like $20 a year for endpoint AV.

I use vipre but don't care for it much, mgmt console is slow, detection is just ok, eset knocks the socks off it.

My experience has been quite the opposite. I've had Vipre find multiple infections during changeovers when removing ESET. Same experience with Kaspersky.

With that few, Might just look into Vipre's Cloud management rather than depending on a local management install.

I haven't heard anything bad about Vipre. Bu I haven't used it either.

ESET seems to be popular and it's what we are using currently.

I've used Kaspersky as well.

Kaspersky offers crazy good protection if you reconfigure it, and the "you are infected" pig being stabbed with a knife alarm sound is worth the entry price alone. Default protection settings suck. But you can crank it up to fort knox level if you'd like. The port and layer 7 application based firewall is very convenient. The management is annoying.

Eset, offers decent protection out of the box, management is good. The settings and documentation is harder to digest than kaspersky. Its like you need a codex to decode some of the assumed internal functions.

I had several customers that were on Eset.
One moved to Vipre in October...the scans found a few virus that Eset missed
I have another customer that I just installed a Vipre trial on this weekend...scan picked up 2 virus that MSE missed and Eset missed one of the 2 (tried Eset the 3 weeks previous)
Vipre was much cheaper than Eset, I agree the console is a bit slow, but the scans seem quicker, push installs are easier, reporting isnt as granular as Eset, but is still good

I really like VIPRE. We use the Business Premium version (only $1 more per Agent than standard) and it's amazing because it patches all common products including Java and Adobe products. I think that alone keeps infection low. We have about 80 workstations and I haven't had to remove an infection since I installed it a year ago. Renewal for 60 workstations when I did it last year was like 700 or $800.

Thanks for the help.
Spoke with Vipre yesterday.

Seem to be a very responsive company.:D

Back