Small Business Accounting Software?

Drawmonster

2[H]4U
We recently opened a small daycare for my wife to run. I signed up for a 30 day trial to Quickbooks online, but there seem to be a ton of alternatives to Quickbooks out there. We don't need anything overly fancy, as she's the only employee at the moment. Mostly need it to track income/expenses and for tax purposes.

What do you guys use for your small business?

Quickbooks pro, it's easy and very forgiving.

Quickbooks online has some locked features, that aren't on the normal version, that may cause you problems.

Well I don't have a dedicated business as such but the tool that works for me in terms of the accounts management, invoicing and billing is Replicon. The cloud based platform with user friendly and calender based interface makes it effective all the way to give the desired end result.

Advertisements from what I've read.

Yep, I use it. They try to sell you other business stuff. But the functionality is worth it. It's a fantastic piece of software and the ads never interfere with actually doing accounting. The support staff is also very nice. No I don't work for them.

That's good to know. I'm majoring in accounting and would like to start a business afterwards. But one thing that concerns me is scalability (they're marketed towards small businesses after all). If the application doesn't scale well, it would be a major hassle to transfer everything over to an enterprise solution from a different company. It's like a compromise between ease-of-use and scalability.

Back