small black squares on EVGA 3060 Ti

philb2

[H]ard|Gawd
This morning, I saw (for the first time) some small black squares near the top of a window, several times.

I got this board about 18 months ago. System and board both running at stock settings. I just powered up the system from hibernate when I saw these squares.

Should I be concerned?

did you reboot and are they still there? once may only be a glitch....

This morning, I saw (for the first time) some small black squares near the top of a window, several times.

I got this board about 18 months ago. System and board both running at stock settings. I just powered up the system from hibernate when I saw these squares.

Should I be concerned?
Hibernate is not reliable and will often result in random glitches. If you hibernate multiple times without a restart, I guarantee you will have issues. Random stuff such as: mouse will only move vertical, videos play blacked out, UI issues, network folders inaccessible, etc.

Restart the computer.

Hibernate is not reliable and will often result in random glitches. If you hibernate multiple times without a restart, I guarantee you will have issues. Random stuff such as: mouse will only move vertical, videos play blacked out, UI issues, network folders inaccessible, etc.

Restart the computer.

Or... he could switch to ECC RAM.

That's a better bet these days.

Restart the computer.
I often hibernate, but this is the first time I have had these issues. To play it safe, I did power down completely. Then I waited about 1 hour and restarted. No more funny squares. So far.(y)

I often hibernate, but this is the first time I have had these issues. To play it safe, I did power down completely. Then I waited about 1 hour and restarted. No more funny squares. So far.(y)
it could just be that the card didnt come out of low power correctly and the vram glitched. if it starts doing it during normal use then start to worry.

If you reboot and there's no issues, it might also be worth running a benchmark/stress test and see if anything weird pops up

Back