SM3.0 enable?

planetary

[H]ard|Gawd
Could somebody please give me a step by step on how to do this? Also, how do you know if you have it enabled? I'm running a 6800 GT with the 62.20 driver, and DX9.0c. Thanks!

Try this thread at NVNews http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32397

Just follow ALL the links as you go through it and you'll find a very good walkthrough that will enable SM3.0. There are actually just a few important steps to follow. I enabled mine last night. Basically, you will open nv_4disp.inf in your C/ Nvidiadriver folder. Use Wordpad for this. Then, type in the following changes under the indicated [ ] headings: (add them at the bottom. I left a line between the last original entry and my new ones)(note the psace after ,, or ,)

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]

HKR,, D3D_35173345, %REG_DWORD%, 0x61243847

[nv_ClearRegistrySwitches]

HKR,, D3D_35173345

After saving the changes to the nv4_disp file, activate the driver EXE in the folder to install the changes. You will be alerted that you are installing non-whql drivers.

You will need D3D Rightmark v4 to run tests to prove that SM3.0 is enabled. The thread and various links will show you which test tabs to activate.

Please do check out the NVNews thread. I've been known to make a typo from time to time!

Better still, I see the 61.77 (non whql) drivers are now up at the Nvidia site. I'm told they have SM3.0 enabled.

61.77 is same as 61.76, just with those 2 lines in the inf :D If u already have 61.76, u can just mod the inf urself :D

Kinda moot 61.77 just came out!
Can't wait for the 54632.22 drivers :eek:

Back