SlySoft sale AnyDVD HD lifetime for about $94

I just wonder how good a lifetime sub will be when this software is eventually barred from sale and use everywhere in the first world when ACTA goes into effect.
I was just reading the Wiki for the ACTA. Sounds like it should be going into effect right around the time my lifetime subscription expires. I think this is my favorite part: "The leaked document includes a provision to force Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to provide information about suspected copyright infringers without a warrant and also conflicts with the burden of proof of guilt."

personally i wouldn't buy anything from a company called 'slysoft' due to the name.

Slysoft products always get a "10" rating in MaximumPC every year . I myself and as many others here have been using Slysoft goodies for years .... no worries mate .

personally i wouldn't buy anything from a company called 'slysoft' due to the name.

Personally I believe there are trolls or just plain dumb people that can't be bothered to do a little research all over forums and buy products based on looks or perception rather than actual performance. I guess your filling that quota.

It is a shady sounding name though, sounds like it is being sold out of a van down by the river.

I have been using it on and off trial period wise through the year and find it is worth the money.

It is a shady sounding name though, sounds like it is being sold out of a van down by the river.

couldn't help it

freevan2222copy.jpg

Nice, I was actually thinking of putting in something from the S&L skit but I like seeing a new twist from the old candy picture.

Nice, I was actually thinking of putting in something from the S&L skit but I like seeing a new twist from the old candy picture.

it's good, but it would be better with slysoft's name or logo on it somewhere

I was just reading the Wiki for the ACTA. Sounds like it should be going into effect right around the time my lifetime subscription expires. I think this is my favorite part: "The leaked document includes a provision to force Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to provide information about suspected copyright infringers without a warrant and also conflicts with the burden of proof of guilt."

I don't see Antigua on the list of countries involved in the negotiations. Does it have anything about distribution of software? Anydvd may be illegal in the U.S., but I suspect that it is not illegal in some countries.

Regardless, I have no problem with the software. If people use it to copy rented videos, then I do have a problem, but I don't see how that problem can be solved. If they want to ban it, then the studios need to include a managed copy of the movies to HTPCs and offer near free replacements of damaged disks.

i still yet to have a will buy acquire a bluray disc for any reason:( i think ill buy this anyway, this and a hardware drive for my htpc and ill only be out $200... if thats all it costs to add full bluray compatibility... well shit why not. maybe ill go rent my first bluray.

Srs question: say the mpaa finally hammers slysoft into the ground, do they end up just turning all the names of people who bought it then the mpaa will kill us?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

can anyone recommend a SATA BD-ROM for ripping under Windows 7 x64?

Srs question: say the mpaa finally hammers slysoft into the ground, do they end up just turning all the names of people who bought it then the mpaa will kill us?

Serious answer:

Slysoft is based in Antigua. The MPAA has no power there. At worst, they send a mean text message and give the guys around the Slysoft watercooler a good laugh as they put out another update.

I started with CloneCD back in the late 90s, even buying a boxed copy delivered from Germany; after a while, when Elby sold off a bunch of the IP to Slysoft, I went ahead and bought the bundle to get the lifetime CloneCD, CloneDVD/CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD pack.

I've been using them for about 6 years or so, and I've NEVER had a disk AnyDVD couldn't unlock that wasn't physically damaged, such that even a regular DVD player couldn't play it straight.

However, I've never seen it said flat out that AnyDVD is not capable of unlocking BD or HDDVD; in fact, the software has areas that allude to it being able to rip BluRay or HDDVD.

So, is AnyDVD HD truly different from AnyDVD? If so, I probably need to get my long term sub upgraded (we don't BD yet, having just got our first HDTV on Black Friday, but I already own two of the BD/DVD combo sets). Also, does CloneDVD2 make BD disks, or would I need a different ripper/burner at that point? Works great on standard DVDs.

Serious answer:

Slysoft is based in Antigua. The MPAA has no power there. At worst, they send a mean text message and give the guys around the Slysoft watercooler a good laugh as they put out another update.

Ok I'm buying it then. I've had it but kept cracking it. Not because I'm cheap, but because I was afraid of the consequences.

Thanks.

However, I've never seen it said flat out that AnyDVD is not capable of unlocking BD or HDDVD; in fact, the software has areas that allude to it being able to rip BluRay or HDDVD.

So, is AnyDVD HD truly different from AnyDVD? If so, I probably need to get my long term sub upgraded (we don't BD yet, having just got our first HDTV on Black Friday, but I already own two of the BD/DVD combo sets). Also, does CloneDVD2 make BD disks, or would I need a different ripper/burner at that point? Works great on standard DVDs.

Let me flat out tell you that AnyDVD HD can remove the copy protection for Blu-ray and HD-DVD disc's. With it you can rip the entire disc to your hard drive or use a program like Ripbot 264 to encode directly from the disc to an mkv, mp4 or ACVHD. Blu-ray and HD-DVD copy protection bypassing is not available with the standard AnyDVD

I do not think that CloneDVD2 works with Blu-ray.

Last edited:
since its available till the 31st, im waiting until i get a bluray drive. im sure one can be had for about $60 at some point in this month of december...

since its available till the 31st, im waiting until i get a bluray drive. im sure one can be had for about $60 at some point in this month of december...

Like the $60 Blu-Ray reader from Newegg?

I have their whole suite of programs and I have to say they are the best...When they were announcing an end to the lifetime updates they gave you a chance to jump in and I bought another full suite of apps for my laptop. Absolutely the best apps IMO...

cough, burner. sorry.

a BD Burner or a BD drive that can burn CDs and DVDs?

I really don't expect to see the former happen this year. I'd think the latter already exists, since BD/HDDVD readers/DVD burners were available for 100 bucks a year ago.

My GGC-H20L has served me well so far. I think it may have been discontinued for a newer model, however.

They definitely discontinued the BD/HD-DVD drives. Mine, unlike yours, has all but died (though it's under warranty). Once the replacement arrives, I'm going to make ISOs of every HD disk I have. I've put it off for months, but I don't want to wake up next year and find out I can't watch a dozen movies, along with the first season of BSG and Heroes.

a BD Burner or a BD drive that can burn CDs and DVDs?

I really don't expect to see the former happen this year. I'd think the latter already exists, since BD/HDDVD readers/DVD burners were available for 100 bucks a year ago.

bluray burner. not even in oem flavor you dont think? i dont even really know what theyve been running, i really dont care about bluray as i see everything going online (i get everything online and have been fine that way). the only thing i like about bluray is the idea someday it will replace all dvd drives, and well have 40 cent 25gb optical discs... (yeah right:( )

Lowest price I recall seeing on a Blu-Ray burner was $129/shipped from Newegg for the LG OEM drive. It's up to like $149+ right now IIRC. Depending on which batch you get, you might get the software/power/data cables, you might not. The one I ordered this week did have the screws/software/power+data cables in it. Took a gamble on it and saved like $50 vs. the retail boxed version. As for sub $100, yeah in 2010 but <$75, I'd say not likely except for a crazy sale, MIR or BF.

Hey, this is probably a dumb question, but I figure I should ask since I'm poor.

Is there any free/cheap alternative way to copy blu rays to hard drive?

Hey, this is probably a dumb question, but I figure I should ask since I'm poor.

Is there any free/cheap alternative way to copy blu rays to hard drive?
DVDfab. However, the encryption (especially for BD+) is not at the same level as slysoft.

DVDfab. However, the encryption (especially for BD+) is not at the same level as slysoft.
so, basically the chances of a successful rip with DVDfab are lower than with Anydvd?

Lowest price I recall seeing on a Blu-Ray burner was $129/shipped from Newegg for the LG OEM drive. It's up to like $149+ right now IIRC. Depending on which batch you get, you might get the software/power/data cables, you might not. The one I ordered this week did have the screws/software/power+data cables in it. Took a gamble on it and saved like $50 vs. the retail boxed version. As for sub $100, yeah in 2010 but <$75, I'd say not likely except for a crazy sale, MIR or BF.

thats what i wanted to know, thank you. i could bear $100 for a bluray burner i guess, even though i know that in a couple years they'll all be $30:( this anydvd package is too good to pass up though, and i think i might actually try out some redbox $1 bluray rentals now.....

If I just purchased an AnydvdHD 1 yr subscription a few months ago, do I still have to pay full price for the discount?

If I just purchased an AnydvdHD 1 yr subscription a few months ago, do I still have to pay full price for the discount?

Go to the purchase page and scroll down. At the bottom, there is a link to enter your serial # and email address for an upgrade price. Not sure how this would work with the lifetime upgrade. Back when I did it, it was standard lifetime licenses and it was cheaper than buying it alone. At the time, it was 30 EUR instead of $79 EUR to upgrade to HD.

Go to the purchase page and scroll down. At the bottom, there is a link to enter your serial # and email address for an upgrade price. Not sure how this would work with the lifetime upgrade. Back when I did it, it was standard lifetime licenses and it was cheaper than buying it alone. At the time, it was 30 EUR instead of $79 EUR to upgrade to HD.

Good for you, but it didn't work for me. When I enter my legit serial number, it doesn't even recognize it?! I guess I'll just have to buy it all over again.

I'd email them with a note reference your issue and see if they can't correct it. Beat spending an extra 40 EUR or so.

Back