Slowing charging indicator for USB PD I want gone.

OFaceSIG

2[H]4U
So my new job sent me a pretty nice spec Dell laptop. Quad core 11 series Intel, 16gb ram, and an NVME drive. I really can't complain about the machine itself. What IS annoying however is that it charges via USB PD. Well the dock they gave me is a startech dock and the usb charging on it, apparently is less capable then the OEM dell charger so I get a really annoying yellow triangle on my battery icon.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that indicator? I don't care if it charges slower as this laptop stays docked all the time anyway. Just that yellow triangle draws my eye like a car fire. Want it gone!!! lol

So my new job sent me a pretty nice spec Dell laptop. Quad core 11 series Intel, 16gb ram, and an NVME drive. I really can't complain about the machine itself. What IS annoying however is that it charges via USB PD. Well the dock they gave me is a startech dock and the usb charging on it, apparently is less capable then the OEM dell charger so I get a really annoying yellow triangle on my battery icon.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that indicator? I don't care if it charges slower as this laptop stays docked all the time anyway. Just that yellow triangle draws my eye like a car fire. Want it gone!!! lol
Think you can hide notification icons in windows, dunno about that one though. Could always stick some tape on the monitor. 🤷‍♂️

Think you can hide notification icons in windows, dunno about that one though. Could always stick some tape on the monitor. 🤷‍♂️
This is correct. It can be hidden.

Edit: not at my computer currently, so I can't tell you where. But I would search for battery in the bottom corner search box. Bound to give you what you want.

Wish I could have the battery indicator, just not the warning. May not be my cake and eat it too kinda day.

Interesting that they invest in what seems to be very decent hardware to then cheap out on a docking/charging station. Makes no sense. o_O

Back