Slowest loading games of all time

That's longer than I ever lived :)

+1

7 year old me: Oh hey, a new game. *plugs in quarters* Cool, it's an intro cartoon thing.
*GAME OVER*
7 year old me: What the heck just happened?!

+1

7 year old me: Oh hey, a new game. *plugs in quarters* Cool, it's an intro cartoon thing.
*GAME OVER*
7 year old me: What the heck just happened?!

Yeah, even at the tender young age of . . . however old I was when that came out, I just know it was a long ass time ago, I thought - hey, somebody came up with an even faster way to take all the change out of my pocket than playing Tron! (My favorite arcade game of all time when I was a kid).

I started to collect machines a few years ago when this "retro gaming" wasn't an issue and before everything got crazy expensive. I have 4 Sinclair spectrum 48k's, Amstrad CPC 464,CPC6128, Sinclair QL, spectrum 128k +2, +3, Philips NMS8220, CBM 64 slim and breadbin, CBM128, Amiga 500, Atari 520 STe, Atari 520STFM, Spectravideo SVI328....and of course a lot of drives and printers :) I'm sure I forgot something...but there you go. And a Sony 32" TV that was fun to carry home being bulky and 65-70kilograms.....but if you go retro, go full retard lol

If I may ask, where did you get the Amiga 500? I know there's usually a bunch on Ebay, but most are either overpriced or in questionable condition. I used to own one when I was a lot younger, and am trying to get one now. (Been trying to get a complete setup as I am not really in THAT much of a hurry to get one...lol)
As for slow games, I remember the earlier Sims games having a few minutes-long load times before SSD's.

Test Drive Unlimited was so slow that they let you play pong while it loaded a race.

Back