Slow saves with Office docs to server

DeaconFrost

[H]F Junkie
I can find some links if that helps, but apparently many people (including me) are having issues with slow saving of Office documents to a Windows Server 2008 R2 box from Windows 7 clients. Has anyone come across a definitive solution for this issue?

I've tried two hotfixes from Microsoft, but that didn't resolve the issue. An older XP machine opening the same files on the same server open and save as expected. I read something about disabling SMBv2, but then I see a few people respond saying it didn't help. Has anyone come across this issue?

Here's a link that describes my issue completely.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...t/thread/fe2dd0b0-c831-45ef-bb56-501e4fae53c7

My issue has nothing to do with Windows Server, but I did come across the same saving problem from a Windows 7 64-bit computer saving to my Seagate BlackArmor NAS 220 storage drive. It turned out that the culprit was the D-Link router which has compatibility issues with BlackArmor devices. I put in a Netgear GS108 ProSafe switch between the router and the computer and NAS unit and I was back in business.

I think Seagate and D-Link both said it was something to do with D-Link's MTU settings.

Anyways, I thought I'd throw this in. Maybe you can try another network switch between your computer and the server to see if the speed increases or not?

I only have one switch between them, and that's a 48-port Cisco switch that none of my XP clients have an issue going through. File copy operations in Explorer to and from the server are very quick.

Back