Slow Motion Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are like me, you love seeing stuff exploding in slow motion like this. TheBackyardScientist decided to see what it would look like in slow motion if you took a chainsaw, golf ball cannon and explosives to balloons filled with a non-Newtonian mixture of cornstarch and water. I bet this guy's neighbors hate him. :)

Lucky he wasn't in Australia; here he would be up on multiple terrorism and firearm charges. Not to mention being the headline for the 6:00 news. I kid you not......

If you are like me, you love seeing stuff exploding in slow motion like this. TheBackyardScientist decided to see what it would look like in slow motion if you took a chainsaw, golf ball cannon and explosives to balloons filled with a non-Newtonian mixture of cornstarch and water. I bet this guy's neighbors hate him. :)
The neighbor's voice has made an appearance once or twice in his videos from beyond the fence, lol. I like his channel, lots of cool random stuff with some scientific explanations every once in awhile.

The first golf ball hit was cool and impressive. TheBackyardScientist comes-up with some hair-brained experiments but they are very entertaining.

I like that he brought out ear protection, but even if just for "be a good role-model" reasons, can we get some safety glasses on that guy?

My stepson and I just made some of this non-newtonian fluid from corn starch and water and played with it for a little while.

Definitely weird to be able to scoop it like a fluid one second and then hit it another and it's hard. I punched the fluid in the bowl and it turned solid.

Back