Slow Internet In America

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Hulk, Jan 17, 2019.

1. matt167

matt167 Gawd

Yeah but 128 kbps during day ( went well over 5gb cap monthly ) for $59 vs 1.5mbps for $45. Even though they offer it as 10mbps it's still worth it the way it is. But I don't pay until they worked the bugs out

2. Time2Kill

Time2Kill [H]ard|Gawd

I've got a $20 unlimited AT&T Mobley plan that I use a hotspot on, I usually pull 80-100mbps with it out in the middle of nowhere.

3. FNtastic

FNtastic [H]ard|Gawd

I was referring to the 5G comment. Went back and edited the post to clarify.

I feel bad for anybody that has to deal with internet as slow as you. I'm paying less for 100 Mbps o_O

4. matt167

matt167 Gawd

Yeah, but I'm still pretty sure I cannot control the ports with the Wisp either.. It's slow but seems fast since I had slower. At least streaming video works now, in 1080P and I get good pings if I choose to game

5. FNtastic

FNtastic [H]ard|Gawd

Not controlling things plays into the ISP's hands. I would put up a fight if it were me. I'm not going to preach here, but be careful with what we let the ISP get away with. It's your connection, you should be able to control it if you choose. I understand this is the only option some people have. Which is why I won't get into that here.

Glad your streaming is working. That's always nice :)