Slow AMD Raid 0.....like 12mb slow.

Angry

Limp Gawd
Having an odd issue with a computer I recently moved upstairs...

Sys parts:

Phenom II 965
GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H
4x2gb Ram

4x250gb WD RE drives in raid 0.

And there in lie my issue, I reformatted the system when I moved it upstairs , an OCZ SSD, everything seemed fine at first. Then I quickly realized the raid was slow....

Like 12mb a second slow...

Reformated again....Fixed it. Left outa town for a few days, came back... Same issue.
I had the system in my basement for a couple of years, acting as a game sever/teamspeak. Not one issue.

Nothing changed hardware wise other than adding a GTX 970 that I borrowed from my main rig.

Did you try different ports on the motherboard?

Could be the air pressure being lighter due to the higher altitude, which is causing the vent hole on the top to not equalize during heavy writes since the head spinning is creating pressure. Buuuuuut, probably note :)

Could also be dying hard drives. Have you checked smart data recently? If you remove the 970 does the raid speed back up? IIRC the 890 chipset didn't have much pcie bandwidth and the storage will be sharing that bandwidth with the 970 which might be hogging it (far fetched, but worth checking I think).

Could also be dying hard drives. Have you checked smart data recently? If you remove the 970 does the raid speed back up? IIRC the 890 chipset didn't have much pcie bandwidth and the storage will be sharing that bandwidth with the 970 which might be hogging it (far fetched, but worth checking I think).

The 970 won't be using any pcie lanes if it's not in use.

Back