Slim, portable, and non-flimsy monitor

ullbeking

n00b
Hello all!

I am looking for a slim and portable monitors whose characteristics include the following:
  • less than 30 inches, so more like 23-27 inches or thereabouts;
  • slim, as in shallow depth;
  • despite being slim and lightweight (see below) it not be flimsy; I would like one that is sturdy and solid
  • to carry with me when traveling, when I expect that a laptop display will not do, i.e., when I need a real monitor;
  • able to be safely carried in a suitcase, obviously with sufficient padding;
  • also easy to be carried around to a headless server that needs a monitor for maintenance, i.e., the KVM crash cart scenario that is typically encountered during initial provisioning or during a system that has crashed hard;
  • does not consume a lot of desk space;
  • DP is preferable, in addition to HDMI;
  • VGA would be nice
  • IPS is preferable;
  • it will not be used for gaming!
Does anybody have any suggestions?

Are there any companies who are developing such monitors with as a serious product?

Thank you for any guidance!!

Kind regards,

ullbeking

Does not exist.

your best bet would be using an iPad Pro as a secondary display using Apple Sidecar or Duet Display

also easy to be carried around to a headless server that needs a monitor for maintenance, i.e., the KVM crash cart scenario that is typically encountered during initial provisioning or during a system that has crashed hard;

This is my primary use case, i.e., provisioning new servers. Especially when I need to bring a portable monitor to the server.

Back