Slick E-ATX mid-tower that can swallow a PA120.2 (or equivilant)

natermeister

Limp Gawd
I'm currently starting to seriously look at parts for a content creation box. My main applications are going to be Photoshop, Lightroom, and Bibble Pro. I might pick up an HD camcorder and play around with an NLE or two, but nothing serious as far as video goes.

Anyway, I want a slick mid-tower (think Lian Li or Silverstone) and I need it to be capable of accepting a Thermochill PA120.2 or similar radiator (TFC comes to mind). When I say 'mid-tower' I mean a case that is no more than 20 to 22 inches tall. I only need it to hold a single 120x2 radiator because I'll be running 80W intel chips and such a radiator will provide me with more than enough cooling capacity.

I had though about water cooling the Quadro I'll be getting, but nixed the idea. First off I'd void the warranty and that is something I don't want to do on a $2000 card, second I'm not sure if their PCBs are any different from standard GeForce cards.

I had looked at the Silverstone TJ-09/10 and they don't appear as though they could fit a radiator as thick as a Thermochill PA series. Perhaps a Swiftech with 25mm fans, but no more. The Lian Li PC-A20 looks like my best bet so far, but it would require some laser cutting of the side panels, reconfiguring the hard drive mounting, and fabricating mesh for the side panel holes. I'd prefer one that could mount the radiator at the top of the case if at all possible.

Thanks

V1010/1110 would be another E-ATX mid-tower, which might have or not have slightly more space under top.
In lower cases there just isn't much internal space between motherboard and top...

If height limit isn't strict sparse 23" high A70/71 would have space for thicker rads on top.
(guess I just got used to fair 26" being full tower with Chieftec)

That one really isn't going to fit a PA120.2 anywhere easily. I think I'm just going to go with the PC-A20 when I get around to doing this. That or buy a Mac Pro.

That one really isn't going to fit a PA120.2 anywhere easily. I think I'm just going to go with the PC-A20 when I get around to doing this. That or buy a Mac Pro.

if you buy the case Lian Li PC-62B, buy the Lian Li PE-01A or the black version: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=101&products_id=23949

than you have more space on top.

goodluck.

Last edited:
Back