SLI Power Supply Recommendations

mi1stormilst

[H]ard|Gawd
I have read through a few similar posts but I think I have narrowed down my choices to these:

1.) SeaSonic S12-600 $159.00
2.) Silverstone Zues 650 $169.00
3.) Enermax 600W Noisetaker $155.00

I would consider the Antec line for around $120.00 what do you guys think?

List of certified products: http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_build.html

I am a big fan of the Seasonic, but the Enermax is a very good PSU, too.

The SilverStone is too loud for me with the stock fan.

since ur willing to spend that much i would recommend a PC power and cooling 510 sli

Any of them supplys are good off that list. I think you will find that most people like the Antec or PC P&C.

Roliath said:
Have you thought of an OCZ Powerstream 520w/600w ??

the 600w is more pricey than the ones on his list and the 520w is less beefy. :p

From your list, I would say Silverstone... Of course, it's the most expensive too. :(

Well.. since you got votes for everything but the Enermax.. I will say the Enermax since I have the one you mentioned. :) The cables are really long though.. but it's nice that the ps fan keeps running until it cools down and a has a potentiometer to control the fan speed. It also doesn't have gaudy lights or extreme loading requirements. I have seen them as cheap as $125 w/out rebate. Next I would go with the Seasonic from your list.

You guys are supposed to be helping lol, what about Power PC and Cooling or Silenx while we are at it?

mi1stormilst said:
You guys are supposed to be helping lol, what about Power PC and Cooling or Silenx while we are at it?

Well.. if that one of your choices.. then get the Power PC & Cooling. :D The only negative I ever hear about that one is it's not modular (could be a positive) and it's a little loud... oh and the price is little higher. The most important thing is .. I never hear of them breaking down or taking equipment with them. It sure seems like there are a lot of dud power supply threads lately.

pc power & cooling is the only thing i'll ever power another system with, as long as they are on te market. the extra money is totally worth it.

mi1stormilst said:
what about Power PC and Cooling or Silenx while we are at it?

SilenX = fan modded Fortrons. The Ixtrema Pro 600w is essentially a modded FSP550-60PLG... you can find the SLI version (FSP550PLG-SLI) of that supply under the Sparkle name for less than half SilenX's price for the 600w at eWiz.com.

I would suggest looking at the Silverstone Zeus 560w instead of the 650w unit - one big 12v rail. Expensive though.

Oklahoma Wolf said:
SilenX = fan modded Fortrons. The Ixtrema Pro 600w is essentially a modded FSP550-60PLG... you can find the SLI version (FSP550PLG-SLI) of that supply under the Sparkle name for less than half SilenX's price for the 600w at eWiz.com.

I would suggest looking at the Silverstone Zeus 560w instead of the 650w unit - one big 12v rail. Expensive though.

Nice...

mi1stormilst said:

If you'd had PC P&C in your first list, that is what I would've said!

I've got the 510 SLI myself and it is rock-solid.

pc power and cooling has no equal, arguably the most important component in your system, i will accept no substitutes. :)

Back