SLI not working, please help

Samury

Limp Gawd
I installed a second EVGA GTX 580 on my system, but it won't allow me to configure SLI. I have the connector installed, which I've reseated already, but to no avail. I've tried removing and reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers multiple times, nada.

There's no option to enable SLI in the NVIDIA Control Panel. It's as if my system doesn't recognize there are two GPUs installed. They both work separately, so I have no idea what to do to get them to work together.

Please help me [H] experts, you're my only hope.

Do they both show up in Device Manager?

No, but I solved this problem by changing the power cords to the second card. You'd think a CM1200 with multiple 8x6 pins native would handle this without any problem, but it took a complete reinstall of 7 - which seems to be improving performance, so yay - then installing another power connector to resolve this.

On the plus side SLI works, on the negative, I'm reinstalling a lot of shit. Wheee.

I had this same problem and solved it by reverting to an earlier driver for my on-board Realtek NIC. I was keeping it up to date with the latest Realtek drivers, but apparently the newer Nvidia drivers don't play well with the latest Realtek NIC drivers.

Try the earlier Realtek driver. If that doesn't work, the PCI express slot might be dead/damaged.

I'm in the process of an RMA with an Asus Rampage Formula III because SLI doesn't work, and one of the PCI express slots is dead.

Ouch...Try a reformat if all else fails.
Good luck man. Shame AMD and Nvidia still have issues like this.
Oh the complexitites of mGPU!

Ouch...Try a reformat if all else fails.
Good luck man. Shame AMD and Nvidia still have issues like this.
Oh the complexitites of mGPU!

lol he already did that and fixed the problem, was the third post in the thread..

Oooh..Damn I skimmed through the thread looking to see if he had reformated and I missed it..
i skimmed a bit too much :(

Back