SLI my 6800GT, or sell for a 7800 series?

What should I do with my 6800GT for best bang for my buck?

• Get another 6800GT cheap and SLI them

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sell the 6800GT, cut losses, grab a 7800 Series

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Just hold onto the 6800GT for longer as it's a strong card, and wait for the next-gen.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

n64man120

2[H]4U
Hey guys, haven't been following the videocard world too closely lately, but I'm sure some of you will know the answer to this....

I've currently got a 6800GT in my system. Being that I have a 2005FPW, I'm looking to upgrade to push the higher res. Do you think I'll be better off buying another 6800GT, as they are so much cheaper now, and SLI'ing it in my DFI Ultra board (Hacked), with my current 6800GT? Or should I simply sell the 6800GT, and get a mid-range 7800 series card?

I'm curious which of these two routes will give more a better performance to upgrade cost ratio, since I initially got the 6800GT with the option to SLI it later on, in the back of my mind.

Sell and get a 7800 GTX is you can or a 7900GT

if you can afford either right now save a little.

If you sell the 6800Gt what is your budget ?

I don't really have a budget, I just generally like to get the most for my money, which tends to be 1 step down from the high-end, in the tech world. Hence why I grabbed up a 6800GT.

I was particularly curious if anyone knew of benches, or general knowledge, comparing SLI'd 6800GT's to some of the newer cards.

Since you can not really find a new 6800GT in a reasonable price range...

I would cut my losses and just upgrade, and realize that SLI later is not an upgrade path. As by the time you want to SLI the card will usually be out of production or one that is just as fast as both for the same pice will be available

Back