SLI issue in World of Warcraft (7900GTO's)

Astral Abyss

2[H]4U
I have a problem getting SLI working smoothly in World of Warcraft. It works fine in every other game I play, but for some reason in WoW the graphics become rather choppy when panning or strafing with my character. For instance, if I strafe right or left, whatever I'm looking at will not move smoothly, but instead appear to be sticking slightly.

It does this with the default World of Warcraft profile in the SLI profiles and also when I try to set the SLI mode manually.

Is there a setting in WoW that I'm overlooking that's causing it to freak out on me? I'm guess it's a software issue with WoW since every other game works fine.

I'm using 91.47 driver version. Did a clean reinstall with Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode.

If anyone else has run into this problem in this game or another, please let me know cause it's really annoying. I can run Single mode fine, but I'd really like to know what's up with WoW. I'm figuring if SLI didn't work with WoW at all, the default SLI profile would have disabled it, which it isn't.

Hi astral. I am willing to bet you have smooth mouse enabled. Thats the very first thing to disable In the WOW menus due the way SMooth mouse interfering with the frame rendering buff. Since AFR swaps frames its completely incompatible. Try disabling it and trying the game without it.

Also you may wanna make sure Vsync is disabled.

Chris

Chris,

Good suggestions. I'll try them when I get home today. I do have v-sync enabled, but only because I get horrible tearing without it. If I have to turn off v-sync to get SLI to work, I don't know if it's worth it. At least it would tell me if that's what's causing the weird graphical issues I'm having.

I get anywhere from 45-60fps (I have v-sync on @ 60Hz) but due to v-sync I don't know how hight it goes. I run 1680x1050 4xaa 16xaf. All sliders maxed. Full screen glow disabled. I like my framerates silky smooth... I wish it would never drop below 60. ;)

Well, smooth cursor was already off. Turned off hardware cursor also but that didn't help. Turning off vsync might help a little but results in images so badly torn I can't really tell if it's helping or not.

I just don't know. Any other ideas?

Update:It appears one of my cards has memory issues, which is likely the cause of the problems I'm having in WoW. I'm initiating an RMA with EVGA. :(

Back