SLI GTX 260 OR GTX 280?

Lucky you to have all of that. :)

Assuming decent SLI scaling, GTX 260 SLI would be faster, in general. Not that one GTX 280 is any slouch, so you may not need two cards.

Questions I would ask:
1. Do you need the power of SLI GTX 260, based on your resolution and games that you play?
2. Are you fine with the heat and power requirements?

1.Well , i play at 24" 1900x1200 , and i want to use AA+AF.
I am playing COD4 a lot , and ill play FarCry2 as soon is it out.

2. I know its going to be power drain , but i hope NV are much better than ATI and 4*** with idle consumption for 2 cards. Since 280 have such a great power management.

stick with the 280 and buy another one after selling the sli. that's just me though :)

Well , i am not really planing to hold to this GTX 280 anyway , i am waiting for 55nm cards... so i am not getting 2nd 280.

the thing is right now, we do not know when the 55nm 280/260's will be out.. though it seems like it might be soon though.

Well , i can live with SLI GTX 260 or GTX 280 until is out. My question was , which one is going to be better until then? I cant reall y find any review comparing both setups.

Well... if the most intensive game that you're playing right now is Call of Duty 4, a single GTX 280 will be more than enough for that. GTX 260s would be overkill. That said, if your GTX 260s are EVGA or BFG, you might want to keep them around to be able to step up to the 55 nm cards if they're released within the step up timeframe.

Back