SLI Disabled on EVGA GTX 970s

wilson502

Limp Gawd
I got my 2 EVGA GTX 970s last nite in the mail. I purchased a superclocked blower model and the ACX 1.0 model to use on the bottom. Anyway, both cards are being recognized by windows & GPU-Z, but ive tried to get the SLI option to show up in nvidia control panel, but i cant enable it. I have tried 2 flexible bridge cables i had, but that didnt make a difference. Ive tried reseating the video cards to no avail. I ordered a EVGA 2 way Rigid SLI bridge, just to eliminate that possibility. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and that didnt work either. Im starting to run out of ideas, I figured i would try driver cleaner, remove the bottom card, install the new drivers, than reinstall the 2nd card and try again. Is there any other things i can try? Im currently running a MSI z77a-g45 board which does support SLI, so its not because the board doesnt support it.

The only instance I've had trouble enabling SLI is if one of the cards is defective. I tried to install a Titan on an obscure X79 motherboard and the card wasn't even recognized on that motherboard, so it could be a compatibility thing. The ACX 1.0s aren't getting much love, so I think we're all but assuming it's defective.

have you using another PCI-E cards?. sound card, etc... have you tried BIOS update?.. also try with one card at a time to see if one of the card are defective..

have you using another PCI-E cards?. sound card, etc... have you tried BIOS update?.. also try with one card at a time to see if one of the card are defective..

No, im not running any other pci-E cards. l will try the one card at a time thing when i get home tonite. And yes i updated the BIOS as well, and that didnt make a difference, Ive heard some ppl had issues with Realtek drivers causing problems with SLI?

Do other graphics cards work in SLI?

Looking at your history OP I'm guessing you haven't used SLi previously.

I recently took out my cards in SLi to give them a proper cleaning. I believe its only the third time I had taken the SLi bridge off. When I put it back on after cleaning the cards would absolutely not going into SLi no matter what I tried. I looked at the SLi teeth and it looked like the top card had some of the gold scratched off and I began to freak out. Luckily it was not the card but the bridge itself as I found a spare in my mobo box and it worked fine since then.

So if in only a few tries taking the bridge on and off it crapped out, maybe they are very fragile? Make sure to try each x16 slot. Otherwise wait until your slick new bridge comes in before blaming the cards.

Well the new bridge didnt help, tried swapping the cards no luck, they both individually work fine. I tried clean installing with 1 card, than adding the 2nd card after reboot, an that didnt work either.

I recently took out my cards in SLi to give them a proper cleaning. I believe its only the third time I had taken the SLi bridge off. When I put it back on after cleaning the cards would absolutely not going into SLi no matter what I tried. I looked at the SLi teeth and it looked like the top card had some of the gold scratched off and I began to freak out. Luckily it was not the card but the bridge itself as I found a spare in my mobo box and it worked fine since then.

So if in only a few tries taking the bridge on and off it crapped out, maybe they are very fragile? Make sure to try each x16 slot. Otherwise wait until your slick new bridge comes in before blaming the cards.

This is very correct and very common too.. SLI bridges are fragile..

Well, per a suggestion on the evga forums, i got the SLI to enable using DifferentSLIAuto tool. Though im still puzzled why this was needed to get it to work since the 2 cards are identical, and even have identical Device IDs and everything else (according to GPU-Z), the only difference is the clock speeds are slightly different between the 2, otherwise they r the same card.

Well, per a suggestion on the evga forums, i got the SLI to enable using DifferentSLIAuto tool. Though im still puzzled why this was needed to get it to work since the 2 cards are identical, and even have identical Device IDs and everything else (according to GPU-Z), the only difference is the clock speeds are slightly different between the 2, otherwise they r the same card.

but it worked?..

Back