Skyrim stuttering.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
Hey everyone; I just started playing Skyrim about a week or so ago and there is a nagging issue that won't stop. It is a stuttering. Like, the game would just stop responding for a second and i'd have to wait for it to start again. It especially happens when I quick travel somewhere, and sometimes when sprinting for a distance.

I have a handful of mods installed all correctly and have not had problems previously, but I could really use some advice if any of you have had this issue and if so how you fixed it. It's annoying to have a game this old not just be buttery smooth.

- Defrag if on HDD
- Check HDD/SSD for errors
- disable mods
- reinstall game

The game engine is an ancient dog turd, you need a hadron collider to remove stuttering from that rotten fart of a game.

Try setting the display refresh a tiny bit lower.
ie if 60hz, set 59Hz.

The game engine is an ancient dog turd, you need a hadron collider to remove stuttering from that rotten fart of a game.

Yeah the game is great but the engine is showing its age. Supposedly the next one will have a new engine. We wont see it for at least a couple of more years though.

With that system there shouldn't be any stuttering. I would disable the last few mods you have installed and try playing. Process of elimination.

So Skyrim is one of those games that has REALLY bad I/O management.

You'll need to make sure your SSD isn't being thrashed by other applications and no threads are cutting in line for SATA priority. Essentially, make sure your windows is running nice and lean.

Make sure you are not going above 60fps and your refresh rate isnt higher than 60hz. The engine they use is a turd and the games speed is locked to the FPS.

Back