Skyrim modded at 1920x1080 experiences? (gtx 760, 770, 780. r290))

Definitely need BOSS and SKSE.

Another thing is load/priority order of esp/esm files are crucial for some mods if you're getting CTD (crash to desktops).

If NMM asks you to update the mod because it has detected it as another mod from the same author for the same purpose (i.e texture, body replacer etc) always say NO, if prompted to overwrite files say YES.

For textures I recommend grass on steroids for grass, mountain and rock 4k textures, snow texture overhaul 4k, flora overhaul mod, any body replacer using either XP32 skeleton and dimon body textures should have it sweet looking. I have these in the screenshots I've taken above except XP32 as that was colliding with some of the animation packs I had.

As for ENB, many different preset ENB's you can download from the nexus just a matter preference on what you want.

decided to downlaod and reinstall skyrim. it's d/l;ing right now. I love my 50Mb/s connection. it estimates 15 minutes for the whole download.

I use Oblivion Mod Manager to look after my mods for Skyrim.
I have had to edit the directory structure of one mod to make it work with it, other than that, its a great way to install mods without affecting the vanilla installation.
Worth looking at.

reinstalled it along with quite a few mods. It's looking great and with my 7970 I've been pegged at 60fps.

the more I read about mods for this game.. the more clear it is.. its a obsession for many. so.. for now.. just staying with the basic three suggested.. SkyUI, unofficial patch, and world map.

actually.. took a few days for me to decide whether to play this on or not. at first, was so lost, certainly requires a whole mind shift.. after being led by the nose in wow, swtor, etc for years. had one issue whether the quest didnt complete and give me the first voice, but found the solution.. using the console thing. the guy is 11 now.. and I'm beginning to enjoy this game. such a massive world, so much to discover. various crafting, etc, strategies.

Do you really have to pay for Nexus mod or whatever website now? It told me anything over a certain fine size required me to sign a membership. No way am I paying to make skyrim trees slightly more realistic

Do you really have to pay for Nexus mod or whatever website now? It told me anything over a certain fine size required me to sign a membership. No way am I paying to make skyrim trees slightly more realistic

The account is free. You can optionally pay for faster download rates, but the free account will let you download pretty much everything.

I was downloading a large amount if high res textures and didn't want to wait hours for the download to complete so I did the one month paid sub. Everything downloaded very fast after that.

Have any of you guys done the Legion quest line? I'm stuck on the last battle for Windhelm. My quest icon won't budge of Ligette or whatever her name is and when I go into Winterhold it is all Legion soldiers.

Not sure what to do...

NVM. Figured it out. Had to use the console to fix things.

Last edited:
word of advice - going in to random caves you find can be bad for you health. Shimmermist cave is close to whiterun. went in with lydia at lvl 10. actually was able to fight through the cave and through the grotto (while dying a few times) However, it then opened up into some dwarven caves where we promptly both got our asses kicked hard. I abandoned the cave since that was probably a level 30+ area.

oh, and don't fight giants at low level.

With my new 680 4GB card installed, with the mods I've been using besides my CPU holding back my 670 2GB SOC made things a choppy especially in the daylight. Monitoring through GPU-Z under full load Skyrim is utilizing 3GB of VRAM under 1680x1050 res on the 680. Yikes.

word of advice - going in to random caves you find can be bad for you health. Shimmermist cave is close to whiterun. went in with lydia at lvl 10. actually was able to fight through the cave and through the grotto (while dying a few times) However, it then opened up into some dwarven caves where we promptly both got our asses kicked hard. I abandoned the cave since that was probably a level 30+ area.

oh, and don't fight giants at low level.

It's worse then you think. Going to random caves could break your game :p

My first play through I broke one of the quests by going into a random cave before actually starting that quest. I think it was fixed however in one of the patches.

Before I start, new development on 3.1GB memory limit: http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2729

Edit: Official SKSE integration (alpha) this week, gonna wait for it, no rush to start as I'm currently waiting for Frostfall's update before I play.

Skyrim looks like fun! so much talk about mods etc.. any good simple list of mods? or should i just buy the game, play it vanilla for a bit, get a idea of what I'm looking for?
Coming from someone who put 80 hours into Oblivion and didn't even touch the main quest, I quit Skyrim right after its opening sequence.

Yes, to me, it was that bad.

A year, 2 DLCs and hundreds of mods later, I'm revisiting the game and finally playing through it for the first time.

I've been setting up mods ever since I first tried the game; many have been deprecated (shame I never got to try Claralux, Warzones, etc.), but there's still tons of others, some replacing old ones (Claralux -> Lanterns of Skyrim). I've probably put about 200 hours into getting, setting up and testing mods over the last year. My downloaded mod list is so big NMM can barely even handle it, running incredibly slow and sluggish, and takes forever to startup. My mod download folder is currently 35GB, and that's things packed in compressed archives. My Skyrim data folder is 34GB, and I probably only have half the mods I've downloaded installed.

What really put me off was the combat system, especially dual wield. It just.. felt so clunky, and the buttons are reversed. All the animations in the game are so jerky and out of place, like they didn't mocap anything, or their animation engine just sucks that bad. I mean, look at your character's idle stance with weapon drawn in third person; it's like they only designed the animation to be played as a paper doll in blank space, not actually standing on the ground in a game world.

But, as for your easy list of mods.. simple answer, no. There's core essential mods that NOBODY should play without, like what someone listed above (add the official hi-res texture pack too), but there's so much more that just make the game far better and if you're into immersion, far more immersive (like Frostfall).

Someone posted a link earlier to http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1651648, a good place, also try http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/19mhp0/announcementrskyrim_modding_posts/ for more things.

If you can play through vanilla Skyrim, I applaud you, but as for me, I'm such a stubborn picky PC elitist nowadays that I can't deal with low-quality games anymore. I mean, I do play Minecraft and enjoy it (until I exhaust what's added in patches at any rate), but when a game feels bad to play, I tend to just not play it. This is where ludicrous amounts of modding comes in, but even then, some games just can't be fixed up enough and you either gotta deal with its flaws or just not play it at all.

Last edited:
Hehe I second with you on the story line part, after hours and hours of modding, running through the game quickly (i.e exploring and observing area's where I can improve with mods) I've finally started the story quest missions just yesterday, unfortunately I'm having lots of fun with spawning 100 random monster NPC's via command in console and having the warriors I've got under control using puppet master to clash out in a big fight.

The thing with Skyrim is, the quests are pretty lame. Most of the quest lines are short and really uninteresting because of how short they are. "Hey rookie"..1 day later "Hey grandmaster". That's how short some of the quest lines are. The radiant quests are downright terrible(Especially in the Thieves Guild because you HAVE to do a certain amount to get special quests to become grandmaster). The best way to enjoy Skyrim is to just make up your own story along the way. Honorable Knight gone rogue or something like that. Did the same thing in Oblivion and to a lesser extent Morrowind. Your own imagination > whatever the game developers thought up, unless your imagination is downright terrible and you need to be spoon fed :p

Oh wait, even when you are grandmaster they still call you a rookie. That was pretty frustrating when it came to the Legion quest line. In general, people in Skyrim are oblivious to your deeds.

Oh wait, even when you are grandmaster they still call you a rookie. That was pretty frustrating when it came to the Legion quest line. In general, people in Skyrim are oblivious to your deeds.

They didn't have internet back then. They probably didn't even have regular newspapers.

They might know that something happened, but they probably don't know the face of the guy who did that something. Remember how our dear horse thief didn't recognize Ulfric, even though he was aware that Ulfric was the leader of the Stormcloaks/rebellion?

Well I would expect the Legates in the Legion to recognize that I am above their station. I just thought the whole game felt very detached, and really required you to do a lot of the work for them.

To be honest though, detached is probably the right term to classify all of Bethesda's RPG games, FO3, NV, Skyrim etc.

I finished playing Skyrim recently (had ENB/SKSE/BOSS and a follower mod about halfway in). The first half of the game (or close to it) I sort of was into it. But after that, magic started becoming useless (no scaling), followers were more of an annoyance than actually being useful. Things felt watered down - so many quests to do that did not really matter. And I didn't realize until partway in that quests didn't even give EXP. Shortly after I was able to create daedric items and basically went melee, even though I had invested all my perks into destruction, conjuration and illusion at that point. Alchemy is one of the only things that ended up proving useful.

And the second half of the story just fell flat, really. Barely got through it. It's safe to say my first and probably my last Elders Scrolls and Bethesda game. I remember Fallout 3 was pretty coma inducing as well.

Well in Morrowind you had everyone talking about your deeds and praising you(Their disposition actually was higher after the main quest). Same in Oblivion, NPC's seemed to react to what you did. In fallout you had the radio's that would mention your acts, and some dialogue. In Skyrim it just felt extremely detached, like no one knew anything about you. I would have at least appreciated the NPC's of factions to acknowledge my status of leader.

I am only lvl 14 so far, but I hear a lot of comments from random passerbys about being Dragonborn or being special etc.

I have and I'm level 4 still.

Hit tilde ~
type in tgm
player.placeatme <baseid for dragon be it ancient, frost etc> <number of dragons to spawn>
Use bow and arrow to kill them
$$$

I can't seem to get Dawnguard or the other DLC's working from what I've read you have to be at a certain level (lvl 10+) to get guards to talk about Dawnguard which you then can start a quest on?

Lol. Guards recognizes you as savior of the world for killing alduin. I walk into Jorrvaskr and Njada Stonearm keeps wondering why they let me in the companions:rolleyes: Even after I completed the companions quest line she keeps asking me why they let me in.

I love the game though. It has its ups and downs, but with lots of mods it's provided over 100hrs for me and still going.

I need to sit down and iron out my performance issues. I know on my 660ti 3GB the last time I played I was able to maintain 60fps with no problem, even with a bunch of mods and HD textures. Now, whenever I'm outside I'll dip down under 30fps sometimes with Vsync on (I might try capping my FPS instead, though ENB offers that option now, it's terrible, it stutters like mad.) I turned off the game's own AA/FXAA and am using ENB's AA options and it seems better, and not as blurry. Maybe ENBs vsync is bad? I tried forcing it on through nVidia CP and it didn't work, still went over 60fps, and enabling the option in the .ini didn't seem to do anything (it's not called vsync in the .ini, but something else.)

Well I would expect the Legates in the Legion to recognize that I am above their station. I just thought the whole game felt very detached, and really required you to do a lot of the work for them.

I think the Better Guard Dialogue mod fixes all of that. After finishing the main quest you won't have guards asking if someone took your sweetroll anymore LOL.

I had some light flickering during night in Whiterun which was annoying so reinstalled Skyrim and re-modding it again. Thank god for NMM.

Had about 200 mods installed, mostly 2-4k textures where I can.

Also just found out that a fresh install of Skyrim is about 5.8-6gigs excluding the 3 DLC's. Man my previous Skyrim folder was north of 72GB when I backed it up onto my second drive. LOL

Back