Skyrim Mod Conflict

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
So, I have some mods installed, I only use OBMM, now I'm installing some "player homes", and when I load a savegame, it goes away when I disable the several "player homes" mods.

Try reordering them, but the problem persists. Does Wrye Bash helps with mod conflicts? and If so, how to do it?

I remember back in the Oblivion days, you could create a patch with Wrye Bash and your mods would work well with each other. Now can this be achieve in Skyrim, and how? I read the Wrye Bash official site, but still it's not very clear to me :(

I would head over to the "Nexus" line of modding sites and grab the Nexus Mod Manager (ie the universal update to Oblivion Mod Manager and Fallout Mod Manager that supports a ton of games and handles installs and conflicts). If you can afford it, a Premium subscription really helps keep them running (its like $9 for 3 months methinks, cheaper more than that). The actual Mod Manager itself is completely Free and Open Source though (Sourceforge hosted), so nothing proprietary to worry about, and it works just as well with a "free" Nexusmods account though there will be adds and 500kbps cap.

Use Nexus Mod Manager and BOSS. Makes all the difference in the world.

I remember back in the Oblivion days, you could create a patch with Wrye Bash and your mods would work well with each other. Now can this be achieve in Skyrim, and how? I read the Wrye Bash official site, but still it's not very clear to me :(

Yes, Bash contains most of the essential features that the Oblivion version had:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1364422-relz-wrye-bash/

I suggest using the SVN version since it handles load order correctly and has some bug fixes.

I'm not sure how a bashed patch will fix anything concerning player house mods though as those usually only add objects to the world and perhaps some unique scripts.

Problem might be with load order (as suggested, use BOSS) and/or with one or more of the house mods deleting references that another mod that you are running is trying to use.

Back