Skyrim LE: $20.40, Skyrim Base: $7.50 on UPlay

That's a pretty good deal.

I wonder if the Steam sale will match that?

Real tempted by this, is the Legendary edition worth it or should I just pick up the DLCs later on? Got a lot of backlog to work through still...

Why do people say this? Maybe I'm not as picky as most but honestly when I go to fire up a game, it really makes no difference if its steam, origin or uplay.

I just prefer my games to be in one place if possible. Plus, UPlay doesn't give me anything that Steam or Origin doesn't already (and I don't even care for Origin much, either).

It's just more crap I have to have running.

I just prefer my games to be in one place if possible. Plus, UPlay doesn't give me anything that Steam or Origin doesn't already (and I don't even care for Origin much, either).

Actually for many games I don't think it even has to be running. I didn't have internet for a few days when I first moved into my house and I fired up AC2 without even getting a warning about Uplay being in offline mode or anything, it just never started(Uplay that is, AC2 did).

Why do people say this? Maybe I'm not as picky as most but honestly when I go to fire up a game, it really makes no difference if its steam, origin or uplay.
well Uplay can be a piece of shit and Ubisoft has horrible customer service. several times I could not even get my games or even Uplay itself to work. one day I just tried deleting Uplay and re installing it only to find out that they put some game saves there so all progress was lost and their cloud did not save anything.

the extra content for Far Cry 3 disappeared for many people one day and it took weeks for people to get it back. in fact some people still have issues with that.

another example was me getting Splinter Cell Blacklist last week. the game kept trying to install the 1.01 patch every time I played even though it was installed the first time. the game has 1.02 and 1.03 patches but it never tries to update to that. in fact those patches are not even listed on the Ubisoft site. I had to go to the damn forums to find out this has been an issue for months. you have to go on the web and dl those patches and install them yourself. they said the steam version properly updates which makes no sense. Ubisoft is so fucking lazy they cant even fix the issue on their own digital distribution service for a game they made.

Uplay is unreliable garbage and Ubisoft are pathetic when it comes to giving a shit.

Well its the world we live in. Product separation in the consumer world is nothing new. As a matter of fact, we should want it, it keeps them from getting lazy and should promote innovation. But if you're truly a pc gamer, not getting games because it's on one client versus the other is just plain ridiculous.

well Uplay can be a piece of shit and Ubisoft has horrible customer service. several times I could not even get my games or even Uplay itself to work. one day I just tried deleting Uplay and re installing it only to find out that they put some game saves there so all progress was lost and their cloud did not save anything.

the extra content for Far Cry 3 disappeared for many people one day and it took weeks for people to get it back. in fact some people still have issues with that.

another example was me getting Splinter Cell Blacklist last week. the game kept trying to install the 1.01 patch every time I played even though it was installed the first time. the game has 1.02 and 1.03 patches but it never tries to update to that. in fact those patches are not even listed on the Ubisoft site. I had to go to the damn forums to find out this has been an issue for months. you have to go on the web and dl those patches and install them yourself. they said the steam version properly updates which makes no sense. Ubisoft is so fucking lazy they cant even fix the issue on their own digital distribution service for a game they made.

Uplay is unreliable garbage and Ubisoft are pathetic when it comes to giving a shit.

Thanks for sharing your story. I've had problems with steam and origin too. No one is immune from technicalities. But Uplay has been similar to others for me and if theres a great deal on there for a game, there's no reason to not get it just because you've personally had some bad times.

Thanks for sharing your story. I've had problems with steam and origin too. No one is immune from technicalities. But Uplay has been similar to others for me and if theres a great deal on there for a game, there's no reason to not get it just because you've personally had some bad times.
well at least EA will resolve the issue VERY quickly or give you your money back. Valve does not really give a crap about an individual issue but they will take care of anything major. Ubisoft does not care at all. you will get nothing but a canned response if you get one at all. again they have been aware of the issues patching SC Blacklist for 2 months and dont even have a plan to fix it.

yeah I guess since its steamworks that no matter where you get the key it can be activated on steam.

Yeah, it activates on steam. I bought it today for 6.75. There is a 10$ off coupon on slickdeals. I'm too lazy to look but you'll find it if you look

Great deal but I think I will wait for steam to put it on sale soon.

Confirmed it activates on Steam. No reason to wait, unless you think Steam will have it for less.

I went ahead and got in on it. Something I noticed was the key said (UK) for some reason. Weird.

Decided to get in on the Legendary Edition after seeing the discount code. Ubiplay does charge me tax but it still came out to $19.99 exact, so I rolled with it. :)

And yes, I just activated it on Steam as well.

so tempted but I hated Oblivion with a heart I take it this is pretty much the same deal right?

I want to get this. What exactly is the ledgendary edition and does this come with the high texture pack that steam comes with?

so tempted but I hated Oblivion with a heart I take it this is pretty much the same deal right?

I disliked Oblivion but have enjoyed Skyrim so far (though admittedly I suffer from 100% completion syndrome and have trouble advancing through the main campaign with so much else to do).

I got the regular version, if the DLC goes on sale in Steam I may pick it up, but I'm happy so far.

I disliked Oblivion but have enjoyed Skyrim so far (though admittedly I suffer from 100% completion syndrome and have trouble advancing through the main campaign with so much else to do).

Alright i'll pick it up during the Steam winter sale next Thursday :) I'm just a bit wary since I also bought Fallout 3 and hated that as well lol

FUCK!!!! I missed out! Goddamn, I guess it was a one day only deal???

Back