Skyrim for PC $12 at gamefly

Jump on this. I dismissed the game outright until a few months ago then got it and was blown away. Excellent Skyrim thread in the Gaming forum here as well to help you get the most out of the many mods available.

does this have drm preventing you from changing the executable for the deeper mods?

as i found out after buying the steam version.

Which "deeper mods" did you have a problem with on the Steam version?

Jump on this. I dismissed the game outright until a few months ago then got it and was blown away. Excellent Skyrim thread in the Gaming forum here as well to help you get the most out of the many mods available.

So very late to the party :eek:

Thanks for the heads up Andhar!! Pretty suprised they beat Steam to it

Excellent deal.

does this have drm preventing you from changing the executable for the deeper mods?

as i found out after buying the steam version.

Skyrim is a Steam-only game.

I, too, am curious about these "deeper" mods that require changes to the Skyrim exe file.

Steam-Only? Cool so all this does is give me the game code for steam.

I hate this information, since I've been putting off Skyrim. :p This is too good to pass up.

there are DLCs on sale as well & the 20% code should work with them.

10/22 to 10/25
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $14.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition $35.99
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY $9.99
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind GOTY $9.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dragonborn DLC $9.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawngaurd DLC $9.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Hearthfire DLC $2.49
Moto GP 13 $19.99
Driver San Francisco $6.80
Test Drive Unlimited 2 $6.99
Crazy Taxi $2.19
Trials Evolution Gold $7.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted $9.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted Deluxe DLC Bundle $8.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted Movie Heroes $4.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted Speed Heroes $4.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted Velocity Pack $7.49
Need for Speed Most Wanted Time Wasters Pack $4.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted Ultimate Speed Pack $4.99

you can probably get the legendary version with all the dlc included for 15-20 bucks during xmas sales. and Skyrim was only 10 bucks last xmas.

They gave "Dawnguard" free to users on steam a few weeks back. Might want to wait and see if you get it free before buying that. Save you a little money.

Which "deeper mods" did you have a problem with on the Steam version?
I, too, am curious about these "deeper" mods that require changes to the Skyrim exe file.

enb, in order to be compatible (well playable) with crossfire required changing the TES V.exe to oblivion.exe (linky)

even though i have the steam bought version, its useless to me :(

i right now have a version that plays smoothly at 60fps with 4xaa and 4xaf, all details to max, hd textures and lots of foliage mods, depth of field, and HDR, at 1080p. i spent about two weeks trying to get the steam version to at least have enb and 60fps and i couldnt, drm was my limiting issue.

this is the first game that steam's drm effected, i think. i do have other games ive "purchased" through steam but never worked well, usually due to additional bloat by the game maker.

^ No offense but those are fringe circumstances. Very nonstandard configuration of mods - no kidding there are no guarantees with that. The author of ENB himself chimed in at the end of that linked thread stating exactly that. Chalking it up to "Steam's DRM" is a little silly. FWIW most people run ENB just fine. And every mod I've ever tried (hundreds) do not requiring "changing the executable". No kidding that's not going to work.

Last edited:
^ No offense but those are fringe circumstances. Very nonstandard configuration of mods - no kidding there are no guarantees with that. The author of ENB himself chimed in at the end of that linked thread stating exactly that. Chalking it up to "Steam's DRM" is a little silly. FWIW most people run ENB just fine. And every mod I've ever tried (hundreds) do not requiring "changing the executable". No kidding that's not going to work.

i dont consider enb to be a fringe mod for skyrim
104 posts out of 630 posts actually have the word "enb" in them in the hardforum skyrim screenshot thread.
and i dont consider crossfire to be a fringe setup on hardforum, a forum basically dedicated to squeezing the most out of hardware.

and now i have a version that plays smoothly at 60fps with 4xaa and 4xaf, all details to max, hd textures and lots of foliage mods, depth of field, and HDR, at 1080p

i also renamed the exe in the dawn demo to quake3.exe to see her naked. sorry for being so 1337.

I actually ended up uninstalling Skyrim, I had a ton of graphics mods etc, nothing game altering but it was my first play through. I'm sorry but these games don't hold water any more, they're just filled with holes and flaws. The game play is worse than it was ten years ago, less dynamic items, classes are less interesting, the movement, the character animations, the death animation, killing dragons is a pathetic exercise where they barely respond and just slink over, the vanilla graphics are terrible, the quest system is completely generic, the story is awful and does nothing compelling at all what so ever, the voice acting is laughable at best, the world isn't very diverse, the cities aren't great. What happened to design in these games? Where has the unique stylizations of Morrowind gone? And why has this game not evolved at all, but regressed? Also why are people nuts for it? Am I missing something is there really a great game hidden somewhere? Because all I see is a poorly wrought, glitchy mess infront of me, after the novelty of it being an elderscrolls game wore off, I saw no value in continuing to play.

I actually ended up uninstalling Skyrim, I had a ton of graphics mods etc, nothing game altering but it was my first play through. I'm sorry but these games don't hold water any more, they're just filled with holes and flaws. The game play is worse than it was ten years ago, less dynamic items, classes are less interesting, the movement, the character animations, the death animation, killing dragons is a pathetic exercise where they barely respond and just slink over, the vanilla graphics are terrible, the quest system is completely generic, the story is awful and does nothing compelling at all what so ever, the voice acting is laughable at best, the world isn't very diverse, the cities aren't great. What happened to design in these games? Where has the unique stylizations of Morrowind gone? And why has this game not evolved at all, but regressed? Also why are people nuts for it? Am I missing something is there really a great game hidden somewhere? Because all I see is a poorly wrought, glitchy mess infront of me, after the novelty of it being an elderscrolls game wore off, I saw no value in continuing to play.

Well tell us how you really feel!

What happened to design in these games? Where has the unique stylizations of Morrowind gone? And why has this game not evolved at all, but regressed? Also why are people nuts for it? Am I missing something is there really a great game hidden somewhere? Because all I see is a poorly wrought, glitchy mess infront of me, after the novelty of it being an elderscrolls game wore off, I saw no value in continuing to play.

i see what u mean by the uniqueness of the style regarding morrowind. outside of that i couldn't disagree with you more... and add to that that skyrim is a completely different geographic location with its own style. to me, morrowind handled like driving a turd on wheels - the world looked cool etc and that was it. odd as well as i haven't really ever experienced any glitches in both of my previous games. you talk about the quality of being "unique" yet would rather them make morrowing part 2?

to each their own tho. i'm sure you have persuaded someone out there to not buy the game.

...which kind of sucks, because it is definitely a must play with how huge and complex the world is.

despite the stock shitty animations, and bland textures that everyone has modded out unless you are playing on an xbox.

i see what u mean by the uniqueness of the style regarding morrowind. outside of that i couldn't disagree with you more... and add to that that skyrim is a completely different geographic location with its own style. to me, morrowind handled like driving a turd on wheels - the world looked cool etc and that was it. odd as well as i haven't really ever experienced any glitches in both of my previous games. you talk about the quality of being "unique" yet would rather them make morrowing part 2?

to each their own tho. i'm sure you have persuaded someone out there to not buy the game.

That really isn't my big issue, I do disagree but I just don't feel the series has come far enough along in over ten years. Sure the combat is a little tighter and the walking animations aren't completely absurd anymore, but it's just not enough over that length of time. I just expected something more revolutionary by this time. Morrowind was more unique, it had diverse cities with varied architecture. Also the landscape changed significantly it wasn't just tundra, snow, more tundra, snow, a few ponds. There was pretty much everything and even the game world felt more like a dreamscape and less like reality than Skyrim. Remember entering Vivec for the first time, probably jumping pretty high as you pass through the fog? That was a unique moment, and even some of the Dunmer towns covered in ash were very remarkable. Everything in Skyrim apart from a few very minor and small deviations felt like a rehash of some other place already in Skyrim. But the hardest part of the game to cope with is how it hasn't evolved at all in the gameplay department, it's just painfully ungratifying to kill something, especially dragons which are of top importance. There's no feed back, you can't feel when you hit them because their animations are stoic and they don't really respond. It's hard for me not to love this game, I finished all of the guild missions and expansions in both oblivion and morrowind, but it's just not satisfying anymore because the gameplay hasn't really evolved, and in some instances of depth i'd say it's worse.

Back