SKYRIM: Extremely slow Y axis (look up/down). Good FPS (50+)

NEODARK

Gawd
Hey,

I'm having a game breaking issue which basically stopped me from playing until I can correct, please help!

Background:

I recently updated to the latest release thinking most issues had been resolved, and to get the large memory address fix. However, ever since updating it's impossible to look up or down quickly. It crawls, I literally have to wait 30 seconds to look at the ground from a level point of view and it happens with a mouse or a 360 gamepad all the same. This did not happen with 1.1

Troubleshooting: (All unsuccessful)

- Removed all mods
- deleted skyrim.ini & SkyrimPrefs.ini
- Tried & then removed X/Y axis sensitivity
- vsynch on or off
- 360 pad on or off, also enabled disabled.

System:

2500K @ 4.7
570 GTX
16GB PC1600 DDR3
Vertex 3 SSD (Skyrim is installed on this)

Skyrim

ULTRA + tweaks.
UGIRDS = 7

If there is anything else I need to list, let me know. Thanks for any suggestions... I cannot find anything on-line, everything references prior issues to this newest patch.

Unplug the controller for the sake of troubleshooting. Right away see if just that fixes it.

If it doesn't:

Turn vsync off if you have it on. Make sure that IPresentInterval is set to zero in preferences.ini.

From tweakguides.com

bMouseAcceleration=1 - If this variable is set to 0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini, it will disable mouse acceleration. This can provide a consistent and responsive feel through more predictable mouse movements, as the mouse will no longer be faster for larger movements and slower for smaller movements. It can also help reduce the feeling of lag when VSync is enabled by default.

fMouseHeadingSensitivity=0.0440 - This variable in SkyrimPrefs.ini is controlled by the Look Sensitivity in-game setting, and should first be adjusted there. However if you wish to assign a higher value than the maximum allowed in-game, you can do so here.

[Controls]
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0200
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200

The [Controls] section and variables above must to be added to the bottom of the Skyrim.ini file to modify relative sensitivities of the Y Axis (up/down) and X Axis (left/right) of the mouse. Higher values increase the effective sensitivity of the relevant axis.

Try this if you haven't already. If I read you right, you probably did.

What happens if you take your settings down from "Ultra + tweaks" to just plain Ultra and take Ugrids from 7 down to default 5? I trust you know how to handle this ugrids if you do it. Changing ugrids can corrupt saves, etc. etc.

Thanks... Tired pretty much all that stuff. The good news us that I just found the fix. Apparently the way sensitivity is handled by the game changed in one of the patches.

I had several lines in my skyrim ini which referenced Y/X scales from a prior tweak. The solution, remove all of the lines containing "GAMEPAD" in them. Problem solved, the game adjusts sensitivity correctly on it's own.

I believe that the tweak that added all these lines was from http://donotargue.com/cfg-makers/skyrim/

Glad you were able to fix it. :)

I tend to keep backups of my .inis when I have them set the way I want them to. That Do Not Argue is an awesome resource but I think they add some lines to some of their configs that normally aren't there so it pays to be detail oriented.

Enjoy the game! :)

So, you deleted your inis as you said, but put the tweaks back in? You didnt try with fresh inis before posting?:confused:

I actually did try fresh ini by deleting my originals and letting the game create new ones, as in OP. Why it didn't work, I have no idea. (No tweaks)

Back