Skyrim Collector's Edition - $94.99 + FS at Newegg (All Systems)

A plastic statue and a 200 page picture book just doesn't add that much value to it for me. $90 even seems excessively overpriced and I love the game. :)

A plastic statue and a 200 page picture book just doesn't add that much value to it for me. $90 even seems excessively overpriced and I love the game. :)

:D

I collect action figures, have crazy amounts of dragons and Hot Toys figures and love Elder Scrolls but still would not buy this! I don't care about a book for the game, and the figure is worth no more than $15, if the main version is $60, this should be like $90 normal retail and $70-$75 on sale.

Although technically I only paid about $30 for Skyrim because when Best Buy had the B2G1 Free sale I bought 3 Skyrim PC games and sold 2 on ebay for $55 (shipped) each. final cost of the one I kept = $30 (after fees, taxes...) Its not that I don't have $60, its the principle (PC games should not cost the same as console especially when they are ports and can be downloaded, so no packaging costs) and the fact that I love getting "Deals"

As an artist I like the artbooks for inspiration and soundtracks are nice to listen to but $150 is pretty outrageous. I also like cool figures but agree that this stuff aren't worth more then a $15-20 premium over the regular game. On the fence about this one. For $80 or less I'd bite. $95 maybe.

These over priced collectors editions don't sell well at all and tend to end up as deals later. Recent pick ups where Halo Reach Epic Edition for $59 originally $150. Batman Arkham City Collectors for $34.99 originally $100

Last edited:
I bought it at $150 and while I like the statue and the book is awesome I do think this was worth $99 at most.

The only overpriced CE I bought was the Halo Reach for the statue. Saw it 6 months later for $70.. seriously wtf is the point of a CE if they never stop selling them. Hopefully I can pick up Skyrim collectors for $70 next month.

The only overpriced CE I bought was the Halo Reach for the statue. Saw it 6 months later for $70.. seriously wtf is the point of a CE if they never stop selling them. Hopefully I can pick up Skyrim collectors for $70 next month.

They make as many as they think they might possibly sell because they have huge margins on the CE items. My local Best Buy keeps a small chunk of shelf space for leftover CE games. Just a few months ago, they still had Fallout 3 in the CE lunchbox for PS3 and 360 :eek:

Back