Skyrim $9.98 B&M

But wait EA and Blizzard games never go on sale, especially AAA flagship titles not even a year old yet :D

it is a scam to get ppl to go into stores just to find them out of stock maybe

it is a scam to get ppl to go into stores just to find them out of stock maybe

If you look at slick deals this is universally true of TRU. I slickdealed something to the store. When I went to pick it up the manager was like "Were not gonna honor that I don't care what you purchased"( I had already paid online and had been charged.). It was literally like a cheap pack of batteries. The cashier who watched it all go down just gave me the batteries when the manager walked off and said "He's an asshole."

I'll check at my local TRU tomorrow but I highly doubt that shits happening. If it is I'll buy a couple extra copies and let you guys know. I don't charge extra you guys know me.

yep scam, i went to toys r us, they dont have those 2 games. they do have rage for 8.99 and bagtlefield for 9.99. however i wanted diablo 3 and skyrim which they dont have

I've wanted an excuse to go to toys r us for over a decade and now I have one. :)

best buy wont price match because toys r us is out of stock. i was just at a best buy, thank me for wasting gas to get to those places

you're a good friend david, or what ever you want to call this arrangement "thing"

Try price matching at Walmart? Signs all over the local one about them price matching stuff.

Try price matching at Walmart? Signs all over the local one about them price matching stuff.

Will be a YMVV case. I've had success at walmart before. But then when Gears of war 3 CE went on sale at TRU for $10 Walmart wouldn't price match without an add. It's up to the store manager.

But wait EA and Blizzard games never go on sale, especially AAA flagship titles not even a year old yet :D

It's actually mostly true of Blizzard games... Try and find an old deal that gave ya more than a $10-15 discount on Diablo 3 or even SC2 which has been out forever now (it's still $40 or $50!).

It's not even remotely true of EA though. I bought BF3 for $30 straight from Origin last November, even got a poster to show for it. Game had been out what, maybe a month at point? The only games for which I've paid more than $30 in the last two or three years have been Blizzard's.

Cold deal on Diablo 3. I would rather spend 10 dollars on a pizza, and have 30 minutes of enjoyment than spending time playing that glorified auction house sim.

I'd spend $10 to give Diablo 3 a romp, however I would be more than happy finishing the single campaign on the normal difficulty level as I have no desire to chase that carrot and make the.. umm ok there's really only an achievement carrot and that being getting super cool gear, but you can buy that achievement so meh.

Back on topic though, I don't believe for one second that Toys R Us has any of those games in store and never did have them. Seems like such a scam "check your local store" yet they won't tell you if any are in stock at a store. There might be 1 store in the midwest that has/had 1 copy just so legally they couldn't be sued.

My GF had a Krispy Kreme craving this morning, partly my doing because theres a Toy 'R Us a block away hehe had her make a quick pit stop and the employee at the game dept said someone came in and bought every single copy :eek:

I couldn't believe they didn't have some kind of policy in place limiting only 1 copy per customer like most places. This reeks of a bait n switch scam, Amazon must really be putting a hurting on them for my once cherished childhood store to scoop to these scumbag tactics.

no the truth is they dont carry those. based on their pc selection it was to get ppl in.

no the truth is they dont carry those. based on their pc selection it was to get ppl in.

I'm sure that's right. I'm going to call the store in Bellevue across the lake when they open at 9:00 and double check.

My local store ran out of Diablo III, if anyone is willing to sell me one it would be greatly appreciated.

You do realize that these things were scooped up and now are being sold on ebay for a huge profit.

I would have done the same thing, of course depending upon the number of copies I'd hold a few aside for my fellow [H] members and sell at cost. But yeah, I got curious and swung by, $1 in gas was worth a peek. They had Arkham, Assassin's Creed, a few of the WoW expansions, and Sim's addon. The tiny section that they had the games in did look quite ransacked.

Is there a published ad with this price in it? It would be nice to price match it somewhere, but that's near impossible without an actual printed ad.

Is there a published ad with this price in it? It would be nice to price match it somewhere, but that's near impossible without an actual printed ad.
I've price matched at bestbuy before by showing them my phone. They didn't even check to see if it was in stock or not.

My store looked at me stupid when I said "PC Games".

Best buy #2 half successful. Got skyrim. Lady called but toys r us said they were out of Diablo so I didn't get that. Used my phone and had to have them check the upc. They were hesitant since it was $50 off their price

I would almost try my luck with BB here tomorrow for D3, but from what I hear of the game itself it probably isn't worth me even showering in the morning much less asking my wife to put a bra on to go somewhere on a Sunday. I'll pass and wait for maybe a black friday sale instead.

I would try getting a price match at best buy. I had to go to 4 before I got one to PM, but they would only let me get one of each game on sale. That's all the best buy's in my area. Luckily some people on other forums were willing to sell some keys for relatively cheap so my friend could get some.

I held off on Batman: AC and Battlefield 3 as they are on sale for $10 or less. Batman: AC tomorrow in a pack with Batman: AA for $10 on amazon.

A bit odd you can't check inventory for each store. I'd hate to have to call all of the local Toys "R" Us stores. :(

I heard about this at work and checked it out today. I got Starcraft 2: wings of liberty and Assassin's Creed Revelations. I agree with the guy up there who said the place looked ransacked.

Went in to a TRU today, and they had no PC game section. The $9.98 sale was a bin full of games from all platforms. Only PC game worth anything that I could find was Batman AC.

Went into Toys R Us today... they didn't have skyrim or d3. However, they did have Assassins Creed: Revelations and Batman: Arkham City. Sadly, neither of these games activate on steam.

Back