Skype on Evo 4g?

-Sn1PeR-

2[H]4U
Can anyone recommend a decent way to talk on skype via the evo 4g? I'm kind of shocked that there isn't a native skype app (at least one that I can find). It looks like you have to have an android phone on verizon to use skype? I don't even care if I can only use it on wifi, but I'm used to my jailbroken iphone that worked fine w/ the crack for using it over the cell network. This could be a deal breaker for some if it's not supported.

Use Fring for Skype calls. Verizon has an exclusive deal with Skype for Android.

Does Fring work for Skype-to-Skype calling? I can't seem to accept a new incoming friend request from it.

Lame that Skype has an exclusive deal!

do you have to pay to use it for regular video cell calls ?

trying to do a video phone call EVO to EVO but do not want to pay anything

do you have to pay to use it for regular video cell calls ?

trying to do a video phone call EVO to EVO but do not want to pay anything

Qik is free :confused:

Fring works with Skype. I've been video chatting with people in Costa Rica using my Evo.

Qik and Fring are free, Qik just charges for conference video calling, 1-on-1 is no charge.

I don't know how to work Qik, tried it the day after the Evo came out. Fring works beautifully though and I've only tried it over 3G.

yeah I really don't get why Skype made the deal with Verizon. The Verizon version is lmao- no wifi calling for instance so no using it in marginal coverage areas and no skype out. It's truly crap. No skype application is the reason I'm sticking with my Nokia for time being.

I've tried fring but even over wifi it seems there are a lot of call quality problems- it's like talking overseas in the 80s where there was that just perceptible delay which makes conversation difficult and unnatural. The Skype "native" application doesn't suffer from this. Anyone found a cure/fix for this problem?

Skype had some sort of falling out with fring apparently over some licensing bullshit. As a result skype no longer works over fring which sucks. I used skype video calling over fring the first week the evo came out and it worked fairly well but sadly thats over. At least for now.

Back