Skype - how to disable auto login?

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
For whatever reason Skype has been automatically logging in every time I start my PC up. I did not change this myself. Regardless, I would like to disable it. Back when programs were not meant for slobbering tablet idiots there would have been an easily accessible setting in the options menu, however, such advanced features do not seem to be present in the latest version of Skype. :rolleyes:

Essentially I want the program to run at start up, but I just do not want it to sign me in.

When I sign out it gives me a check box with the option to automatically sign in, which is currently unchecked. So that clearly will not help me as it already automatically signs in.

Is there any work around for this aside from creating a new account?

One of these days, we'll be back to 1998 computing standards and efficiency thanks to crap like Windows 8 and the iPad. It fucking pisses me off that they have to "steam line" the ever living fuck out of a program and cut basic features or throw them under 15 layers making it damn near impossible to access. :rolleyes: Fucking assholes.

you need to log once with the check box unchecked for it to take effect ?
using w8 skype or desktop version ?

Using it on Win 7. Signed off, signed in with box unchecked as it always was. Did that three times now and it still auto signs in.

At this rate Microsoft will kill off all its products within the next 4-5 years...

I think you can just go into msconfig and disable it there, no? If you're not familiar with using msconfig just use a program like CCleaner and they have a startup tool where you can enable/disable programs from starting up when you log into Windows.

I had a friend complaining about Skype too so I just disabled it in the startup tab on msconfig. It hasn't started on reboot she said, so hopefully that works.

Back