Skynet Didn't Attack, James Cameron Still Weird

I'm a little shocked Cameron is using the Sarah Connor Chronicles as his basis for when Judgement day was supposed to be. In the movies, I'm pretty sure it wasn't tonight..

Specifically in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, the day is August 29th 1997.

yawn - does anyone actually still believe in global warming?

they over played the "doom and gloom" card.. now its just tiring to listen too.

what's weird about it?

Exhibit A.) Cameron's Twitter post:

"Skynet was supposed to go operational tonight. Instead of machines taking over, we have the very real threat of global warming."

Exhibit B.) Skynet, according to Cameron's own movie, became self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th 1997.

Exhibit C.) He uses a Skynet timeline derived from the Sara Connors Chronicles TV show to make a weird Twitter post about global warming... WTFLCPTR?

:D

Um... it's suppose to be a long-term problem as the changes are gradual.

Actually Global Warming caused Skynet to overheat and crash, saving the world and humanity from destruction.

"Skynet was supposed to go operational tonight. Instead of machines taking over, we have the very real threat of global warming."

Exhibit B.) Skynet, according to Cameron's own movie, became self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th 1997.

Exhibit C.) He uses a Skynet timeline derived from the Sara Connors Chronicles TV show to make a weird Twitter post about global warming... WTFLCPTR?

Who follows ALL that?

Sure, and why wouldn't they? At least the theory is based on scientific evidence and not some scriptures written 2000+ years ago that has nothing to do with science, yet people still cling to those beliefs. At least global warming is a debate and not something set in stone to the point where you don't think about anymore.

//[T.0.P]//;1037145166 said:
Sure, and why wouldn't they? At least the theory is based on scientific evidence and not some scriptures written 2000+ years ago that has nothing to do with science, yet people still cling to those beliefs. At least global warming is a debate and not something set in stone to the point where you don't think about anymore.

Actually there really wasn't much of a debate. There was a movie made "An Inconvenient Truth" and from then on it was accepted as fact. Most of the debate points countering global warming were squashed until the emails were leaked from University of East Anglia. After which the movement lost most of its steam.

No, you are tiring to listen to. Please educate yourself before you blow your nonsense here. Just about ALL scientists in the field of climate science, already agree that we have a global warming problem. Listen to the scientists who actually work in this field, not the politicians, pundits, talk radio hosts etc.

//[T.0.P]//;1037145166 said:

actually, its based on flawed/skewed/altered 'evidence'. And thats the real inconvenient truth.

Global warming "theory" came about from 3 hand selected trees in Russia. The growth ring size differences were used to prove the earth is warming. Wake up you've been scammed. Remember to buy your carbon credits. Anything that you can buy your way out of is total BS. "Don't worry about the pollution you're creating, just buy these carbon credits & it will all be Ok."

On topic: Cameron's a goof ball, I have little respect for him and I would shell out big money to see most of his movies. :)

Off topic: Global warming is real. I'm wearing a short sleeved shirt as I type this. It's warm outside! In Arizona. In mid-April.

I'm a little shocked Cameron is using the Sarah Connor Chronicles as his basis for when Judgement day was supposed to be. In the movies, I'm pretty sure it wasn't tonight..

This.

Global warming IS real, but your right, they have been going on and on about it so long and so much that it's become a bore.

Though on that note there's an interesting theory that because the ice-caps are melting, the fresh water will kill the oceanic currents equivalent to the jetstream (cant remember the name atm), cool the earth, and bring about a new ice-age, thus reversing it. :eek:

If the idea of global warming is only supported by one scientist in the entire world, then I could see the reason for doubt of the theory. But in actuality, the theory is supported by many. Claiming that a movie made global warming a fact, and then became untrue because of a scandal from some remote university is a little too black and white for me.

actually, its based on flawed/skewed/altered 'evidence'. And thats the real inconvenient truth.

Actually the 'science' that says global warming isn't happening is the flawed and skewed 'science'.

Though SOME of the scientists working for the global warming deniers still have a little bit of integrity.

A notable event of the recent Congressional hearing on climate science.

"Prof. Richard Muller of Berkeley, a physicist who has gotten into the climate skeptic game, has been leading the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project, an effort partially financed by none other than the Koch foundation. And climate deniers — who claim that researchers at NASA and other groups analyzing climate trends have massaged and distorted the data — had been hoping that the Berkeley project would conclude that global warming is a myth.

Instead, however, Professor Muller reported that his group’s preliminary results find a global warming trend “very similar to that reported by the prior groups.” "

Btw, the conservatives brought only two actual scientists (out of people they called) to the hearing. Who were the other three people they called? An economist, a lawyer and a professor of marketing. Ya, reallllll scientific there.

If you think the 2% of climate scientists out there, that actually think that global warming is a hoax, are correct, then please enlighten us as to all of your superior scientific knowledge that only you (and 2%ish of people actually in the field) know.

Actually the 'science' that says global warming isn't happening is the flawed and skewed 'science'.

Though SOME of the scientists working for the global warming deniers still have a little bit of integrity.

A notable event of the recent Congressional hearing on climate science.

"Prof. Richard Muller of Berkeley, a physicist who has gotten into the climate skeptic game, has been leading the Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project, an effort partially financed by none other than the Koch foundation. And climate deniers — who claim that researchers at NASA and other groups analyzing climate trends have massaged and distorted the data — had been hoping that the Berkeley project would conclude that global warming is a myth.

Instead, however, Professor Muller reported that his group’s preliminary results find a global warming trend “very similar to that reported by the prior groups.” "

Btw, the conservatives brought only two actual scientists (out of people they called) to the hearing. Who were the other three people they called? An economist, a lawyer and a professor of marketing. Ya, reallllll scientific there.

If you think the 2% of climate scientists out there, that actually think that global warming is a hoax, are correct, then please enlighten us as to all of your superior scientific knowledge that only you (and 2%ish of people actually in the field) know.

Whose funding his "research" ?

In the 70s, Time, Newsweek, et. al ran a series of stories about climate change.

But it wasn't about global warming, it was about global cooling.

The claims asserted that the Earth would suffer a new Ice Age, around the turn of the century, unless drastic measures were taken. It turned out to be little more than scare-mongering.

Is global warming real, and is it caused directly, and solely, by the activities of industrialized human society?

I don't know for sure, and anyone else that claims to, is probably lying.

What I do know is that both sides of the global warming debate have been co-opted by corporate interests, and most of what they say can't be taken at face value. The "solution" to global warming, the carbon credit scheme, simply seems to me another corporate/government power grab masquerading as a legitimate attempt to fashion a more "sustainable" means of living for the 6B people on the globe.

Let the debate on anthropogenic climate change continue, and hopefully, one day the truth and the facts will be known, but in the meantime, something I think we can ALL readily agree upon is pollution. Like, don't dump your used batteries in the trash, don't dump your used oil in the sewer, don't dump your plastic in the ocean, don't dump the heavy lead and mercury byproducts of your chemical processing plant into the local stream, don't store the used fuel rods from your nuclear reactor on top of the reactor. And yet people still do these things every day.

You guys are hilarious.

Here are the facts as I know them:

"Global Warming", in the strict sense of temperature increase, is debatable. We have a lot of very sophisticated models showing what might happen if CO2 levels continue increasing. Of course, models are only as good as their assumptions (i.e usually flawed). However, the damage we are causing by dumping crap into the atmosphere is irrefutable The only question is how that damage is manifested. Only a moron would believe otherwise.

Global warming is going to happen if they don't continue the Sarah Conner Chronicles series!

He's forgiven of all his sins (global warnmongering and using a penis as a microphone) if he continues the Sarah Conner Chronicles, which apparently he's a fan of.

Wait. I thought that the Earth went through cold periods followed by warm periods, wash, rinse, repeat? Ice age, warm spell, ice age, warm spell.... We're still relatively just out of the ice age.

And who is to say that Skynet didn't go online and become self aware. The bombs may not fall, but maybe the time isn't right. HK's are being built, but are called Predator drones. Land based automated drones are available. Just need the mother to tie them all together. Sorry, guys, Google isn't Skynet. Yall thought that Steve Jobs was really a person? Mac OSXI. AKA: Skynet.

Actually I think about 32K scientents world wide signed a document stating that global warming was total BS. It is an Al Gore scheme to rip you off by promoting Carbon Dioxide as a poison gas. Even the Global Warming groupies don't call it that any more, they had to change the name to Climate Change.

This is the coldest winter season we have had that I can remember.

This isn't too weird. This is a man who makes money off of publicity for his movies. He's working on T5 for next year (I think). This is him using a popular issue to garner attention so he can make more money. The only thing strange about it is the timing. He should make this post closer to when the movie is coming out.

Well if it's anything like the special edition of T2 I saw, nothing happened after the steel works, John became a senator, Sarah became an admiring old lady on a bench, and the world was happy and green, so none of the spin off's occurred, Salvation never happened, and Skynet didn't even make it past the design phase.

On the topic of global warming:
This week saw the arrival of both a paper and a new survey which track the US public's awareness of climate change. The two use slightly different sources and come to slightly different conclusions, but there's one trend that trumps all: when it comes to climate change, politics dominates, eclipsing self-assessed knowledge and general education. In fact, it appears that your political persuasion might determine whether an education will make you more or less likely to believe the scientific community.
Link

You guys are nutjobs.

"ALL" the scientists agreed that, based on the available data, global warming was real and in progress. but in case you missed it, last year it was proven that the guys who supplied that data made changes their data to support global warming. they removed or changed anything that didn't support global warming. SOOooooo its all fake kids. Time to find something else to get on your high horse about.

Back