Site critique/ideas

SoRnMaN

Gawd
Just wanted some opinons and ideas as to what I should try on a site I am developing. I know there is still some work to be done on it, but just want to get an idea of how others feel. I have some small style changes already planned, but nothing major. Note that right now only the home page is there as I am trying to finish up design ideas on it first.

Anyways, check it out and let me know what you think:

http://new.pcxcess.com/

Thanks!

I like it. Only critique i can think of is maybe you should put the copyright in the center instead of the right side.

I like it, it's nice and clean. :)

About the only thing I can think to suggest is to carry the orange highlight color from the logo down the page by making the mouseovers that shade instead of red. I see you have it around the "latest news" boxes, but it's so thin it's almost unnoticeable. Maybe make the border just a bit thicker.

Also, you might consider adding the " » home » reviews » forums » about » contact" links across the bottom of the page as well so that one doesn't have to scroll all the way back to the top.

Thanks for the replies. I have been pretty busy at work and haven't felt like sitting in front of the computer at home after sitting at the computer at work all day. Hopefully this weekend I will get some more minro graphical enhancements done, as well as implementing some of the suggestions listed here.

Any other suggestions in that time are welcome as well.

Well, I made a few changes to it for those of you interested. My mouseover's are now the dark yellow as someone suggested, the menu is now down at the bottom right (along with the top right), and the copyright info has been moved over to the bottom left. I have also added an image for the news headlines and changed the title dividers for the 'latest news' sections.

I am still not sure about some of the changes, but I like the 'less boxy and cluttered' look of the new 'latest news' dividers, just not sure if the deep yellow underline is what is needed there.

As always, let me know what you think as I try to finish up most of the layout this weekend before i delve back into writing the backend.

Back