Sirius Founder Envisions World Of Cyber Clones, Tech Med

HardOCP News

[H] News
Why spend $15 going to a movie theater when you can drop $1,500 on a ticket to SXSW and listen to the plot of a sci-fi movie instead?

Rothblatt said robots and humans don't have to choose sides – such as in the plotlines seen in popular Hollywood movies – but will live in a peaceful co-existence that will make them virtually indistinguishable from one another. "It's not us versus cyberspace," she said. "We're merging together." She added: "We don't want to create a new slave-versus-free motif. I'm all for merging everyone together. On the level of consciousness, we're all one."

How can we live with machines when we can't even live among ourselves peacefully?

Easily, we let the machines control things.

I doubt it'd be too much worse, unless they glitch and forget we have to eat food instead of Li.

So says the guy that thinks I should pay $185 a year for car RADIO.

LOLz

Robots, sure great...sharing one mind with the rest of the human race? FUCK NO. I can barely tolerate the stupidity of most in small doses.

We don't want to create a new slave-versus-free motif. I'm all for merging everyone together. On the level of consciousness, we're all one.

Sounds a lot like the Borg. Sounds just like the Borg. It IS the Borg!!!

Are they thinking RoboCop (cyborg) or ED-209 (AI controlled)?
I'm sure a lot of people on this forum have read books such as Robots of Dawn, Dune series, 2001 Space Odyssey, and countless other science fiction books. I know these are fiction, but they do present scenarios to at least consider. What happens if an AI glitches? What happens when we have cyborgs vs plain humans?

Sign_landscape_seegson_synthetic_02.jpg

Rothblatt said robots and humans don't have to choose sides – such as in the plotlines seen in popular Hollywood movies – but will live in a peaceful co-existence that will make them virtually indistinguishable from one another. "It's not us versus cyberspace," she said. "We're merging together." She added: "We don't want to create a new slave-versus-free motif. I'm all for merging everyone together. On the level of consciousness, we're all one."

Hahahaha ... whatever Rothblatt is on, I want some of that. :D

@amddragonpc

I wouldn't be too dismissive, this is someone that has accomplished more than most people alive today by far.

Hahahaha ... whatever Rothblatt is on, I want some of that. :D

Look at the Megaman ZX series of games.
By that time period, Reploids and humans are nearly indistinguishable, where humans have Reploid/robotic bodies and Reploids have finite lifespans.

At this point, they are basically called humanoids, though reploids do still exist.
I doubt that will happen in our world though, and I am hoping for something like Skynet to come along and make things a bit more interesting. :D

Look at the Megaman ZX series of games.
By that time period, Reploids and humans are nearly indistinguishable, where humans have Reploid/robotic bodies and Reploids have finite lifespans.

At this point, they are basically called humanoids, though reploids do still exist.
I doubt that will happen in our world though, and I am hoping for something like Skynet to come along and make things a bit more interesting. :D

I think amddragonpc and me can agree on one thing; we want whatever it is You're on. :)

Back