Siri Won't Help You Unless You Subscribe To Apple Music

HardOCP News

[H] News
Not an Apple Music subscriber? Siri will not answer certain questions until you are.

We checked it out and it reads the same for other fallen Apple Music subscribers. “Sorry, Nathan,” Siri told me. “I can’t look up the music charts for you. You don’t seem to be subscribed to Apple Music.”

One more reason I can use to stay away from Apple products. I despise Apple anyway, but this is just one more turd on the dung heap.

One more reason I can use to stay away from Apple products. I despise Apple anyway, but this is just one more turd on the dung heap.

Yeah, I would so much prefer the clunky user experience of Android and the gazillion security threats.

No wait... I wouldn't. Who uses Siri anyway? Teenagers probably.

Useless anyway, I have that shit disabled. I used to get so angry when I'd accidentally long press the home button and her voice came on in a grocery store or at the movies.

Useless anyway, I have that shit disabled. I used to get so angry when I'd accidentally long press the home button and her voice came on in a grocery store or at the movies.
Can't you just out right disable Siri so that doesn't happen?

Yeah, I would so much prefer the clunky user experience of Android and the gazillion security threats.

iOS is not necessarily more secure than Android. Android is only being exploited more because it hold around 60% of the market share. It's very much like a business. If you want the most return on your investment, where would you focus your efforts? Android.

This makes it a lot more of a challenge for Android to manage because more efforts are out their to promote malicious content that exploits the android platform. Pretty certain iOS devices faced the same problem back when they had a commanding market share.

As much as I hate our lawyer driven society, wouldn't this be a lawsuit in waiting? There's going to be at least a few people that can say they purchased their phone based on Siri and did not agree to future subscriptions services unrelated to Siri in order to use it. False advertising, bait & switch, using monopoly status (ala MS and IE) to force users into specific products. I'm sure Apple's semi-trained lawyers have already gone over this, but it seems to me like it's a serious concern in that respect.

Not an Apple Music subscriber? Siri will not answer certain questions until you are.

We checked it out and it reads the same for other fallen Apple Music subscribers. “Sorry, Nathan,” Siri told me. “I can’t look up the music charts for you. You don’t seem to be subscribed to Apple Music.”

This is a great way to piss off customers. Apple seems to really enjoy that lately. They're really circling the wagons with their ecosystem and that could hurt them in the end as much as it did in the 80's with their OS.

Still better than Alexa. When I asked when the movie Spectre was going to be released, it said "Sorry, that feature is unavailable."

iOS is not necessarily more secure than Android. Android is only being exploited more because it hold around 60% of the market share. It's very much like a business. If you want the most return on your investment, where would you focus your efforts? Android.

This makes it a lot more of a challenge for Android to manage because more efforts are out their to promote malicious content that exploits the android platform. Pretty certain iOS devices faced the same problem back when they had a commanding market share.

Sorry but iOS is more secure than Android, it's a fact and common sense. This is coming from someone that wont' buy an Apple product.

This added security is at the cost of freedom of the user aka walled garden.

Android you can sideload apps - security risk
Android you can use different app stores - security risk (which is basically tied to the first)

I believe Apple still has a more robust app approval process than android. Google I believe is more reactive pulling apps once issues are found? Will admit not current on these rules/processes.

These factors alone make Android less secure. The question is in what degree in reality.

Fuck you for playing on your phone during a movie to start with

I am subscribed to Apple Music and this is what I get,
siri-charts.jpg

Did you make sure you said pretty please and thank you right after?;)

I sometimes ask Siri to make a call when I am not near the phone and she would make the call but not turn on the speakerphone, so I would have to go over there and press the speakerphone button.
They fixed it, so now it will turn on the speakerphone when she makes the call.

“Sorry, Nathan,” Siri told me. “I can’t look up the music charts for you. You don’t seem to be subscribed to Apple Music.”

Sorry Siri, I guess I'll just dump you and use Google Now instead.

Yes... because my Nexus 5 is sooooooooo "clunky" and insecure. :rolleyes: Know-nothing n00b.

The only thing I use Siri for is "hey Siri" but other wise I barely use it.

In the entire time I've used my 6S+ I think I've used Siri maybe once and Hey Siri 2 or 3 times.

Back