sipgate closing down on me

rudy

[H]F Junkie
Ya so I was using sipgate + google voice for a while as a home VIOP solution, we primarily use cell phones but it was a nice and free option. But sipgate says they are shutting down so does anyone have any alternatives?

why can obi directly link to the google voice number but no one else can?

looks like its just the US side of sipgate thats going? Can the sipgate numbers be transferred?

How do you guys organize call centric, do you take a free NY number then send it to your SIP device? Forward google voice the call centric number?

I don't have a PBX server I don't think. I just have a Linksys SPA1001
ATA.

Last edited:
I use callcentric. I ported my home phone number to it and it works like a charm.

Same here. I ported my home number from AT&T ages ago. It routes directly to my ATA, no PBX required. I was using a Linksys SPA2102 but it died on Saturday. A new ObiHai 202 showed up today and now I'm using that.

Well let us know how the obihai works, I saw reviews where they said not all incoming calls ring. And you may need to disable call to chat in order to get some to ring. Maybe you can test it by calling yourself multiple times.

I am still unclear if its possible to use call centric for free.

How do you guys organize call centric, do you take a free NY number then send it to your SIP device? Forward google voice the call centric number?

I don't have a PBX server I don't think. I just have a Linksys SPA1001
ATA.

I ported 2 vonage numbers years ago to callcentric. Then I have a sip trunk from callcentric to my pbx running on a vps, running asterisk 1.8. At my home office, I have an Obi202 or whatever that 2 port ata is. 1 voip.ms line (as a backup voip provider) configured in the Obi. Have a Snom320 phone that connects to my Asterisk pbx. Works pretty good.

Back