SIP Trunks for home use

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone know of a good provider of SIP Trunks for home use? I am just looking to mess with Asterisk, OCS, and possibly Call Manager (not even sure it support SIP trunks, asssumes it does) and would like to get a SIP trunk to connect to outside lines.

Try voip.ms. They are a Canadian company but have pops throughout the US too. Dirt cheap - they have a plan with free trunks, pay for usage only. Low prices on DIDs too and they take ports from almost every US and Canadian rate center.

Callcentric, they have a pay-as-you-go plan which is great for playing with VoIP service. Inbound and Outbound are separated as well, so if you do more Inbound than Outbound, that saves money. They have cheap DIDs if you don't care where the exchange the DID is out of.

I can't seem to find a service that provides outgoing/incoming with no monthly fee, just pay per use?

any ideas?

For SIP access? No, none that I know of. There are some ways to finagle Google Voice to work with asterisk or whatnot, but those are kludges.

Really, tho, $1.39-1.49 a month is a very fair nominal charge for a SIP DID....

I can't seem to find a service that provides outgoing/incoming with no monthly fee, just pay per use?

any ideas?

There is no free lunch. The provider has to pay for each DID they have in service, so therefore so do you.

You can sign up as an iCall carrier. It's 99/mo cents per DID per month and you pay for minutes you use. Or you can pay 99/mo cents per DID and pay $6.99/mo for "unlimited."

Even if it's for home use and you don't do a lot, I don't think they will turn you away.
http://carriers.icall.com/

A friends business only spends $30/mo on average with 5 DID's. I'm currently working on a project using 3CX and iCall. But we're looking along the lines of $800-$1000/mo worth of service. :)

Back