SIP providers

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
i know the question is asked a lot, and there seems to be no definitive answers, but i was just wondering who you guys were using and if you were happy for the services, any particular things you like about certain providers over others?

looking to get a few lines to play some more with asterisk

thanks

I have used Voyss, they are probably pretty expensive though

I use flowroute for my moms business and have had 0 problems with it. At home I use voip.ms and it is awesome to. I actually use it for a failover route for my moms office incase something happens with flowroute or the asterisk box goes down at my moms office.

I use voip.ms, its cheap

i know the question is asked a lot, and there seems to be no definitive answers, but i was just wondering who you guys were using and if you were happy for the services, any particular things you like about certain providers over others?

looking to get a few lines to play some more with asterisk

thanks

what voip software are you playing with ? Im looking to do the same thing but need a sip provider in canada..

what voip software are you playing with ? Im looking to do the same thing but need a sip provider in canada..

asterisk...

sadly there hasn't really been any definitive answer in this thread either...

i may go with the cheap one for right now to start playing around with it...

asterisk...

sadly there hasn't really been any definitive answer in this thread either...

i may go with the cheap one for right now to start playing around with it...

i have been poking around with my 3cx box at home along with trixbox.

voip.ms covers canada and there is another one on the dslreports forum to i think but i don't know the name.

id like to get a nanaimo number and try this 3cx out, maybe i shal do this soon.

I like 3cx. I was using it to run my house pbx for a while but then i decided to stop because i wanted to be able to use the g729 codec to save bandwith on my crappy internet connection.

i have been poking around with my 3cx box at home along with trixbox.

yea, i'm delving deep.... installing asterisk from source doing it the hard way...

i want to deploy this at work and i want to know it from the ground up... i think it's something i could leverage on down the road...

i think a career in IP PBXs sounds fun... sometimes i feel like as an IT director type guy that i have too many things to focus on, or distract me...

i could see specializing in something like IP PBXs

yea, i'm delving deep.... installing asterisk from source doing it the hard way...

i want to deploy this at work and i want to know it from the ground up... i think it's something i could leverage on down the road...

i think a career in IP PBXs sounds fun... sometimes i feel like as an IT director type guy that i have too many things to focus on, or distract me...

i could see specializing in something like IP PBXs

Learn Cisco's stuff.

Learn Cisco's stuff.

why? what's wrong with asterisk?

or are you just saying to be well versed in IP PBX i need to know the cisco side too?

yea i can see that... but in due time...

not interested in cisco for this project i'm working on, sorry if that hurts your feelings

Last edited:
I use Callcenric.com here at the house and have for several years. Ive never had a problem with the service. I found their support to be more responsive than flowroute.

why? what's wrong with asterisk?

or are you just saying to be well versed in IP PBX i need to know the cisco side too?

yea i can see that... but in due time...

not interested in cisco for this project i'm working on, sorry if that hurts your feelings

Hurts my feelings? Nice, lol.

You mentioned a career in IP Telephony. Your big players would be Cisco and Avaya, with Cisco grabbing more and more market share. Asterisk is obviously not on the list of enterprise IPT vendors. I'm trying to offer some advice, not convert you to Cisco. No need to be a douche.

I also use Call Centric. Been with them for a couple of years now. Ported two Vonage phone numbers to them. They don't support outgoing CNAM at this time unfortunately. Support generally has answered my questions within 30 minutes of ticket creation. They have an unsupported fax to e-mail feature, comes to you as a PDF. I've had varied success with it. Some of my clients can send faxes properly to it. Others cannot. Call quality seems to vary, though I think some of that is my internet connection.

Back