Sins of a Solar Empire + Two Micro Expansions

This is still a great game, especially with some of the mods/total conversions available for it. I highly recommend the Sins of a Galactic Empire (Star Wars) and Sacrifice of Angels 2 (Star Trek) mods. Both are extremely well done.

One of these days I have to get around to getting the Diplomacy expansion too.

Not that I am aware of. There are set and random maps but nothing to tie in a story.

yea whatever happened to the campaign they were supposed to be doing? devs kept saying "soon" but nothing ever happened after those 2 small unit/race expansions, still no campaign in either of those.

I was hoping just the original would be like 10$ or something... No luck. You either get the original plus 2 expo's for 20$ or the original for 20$ and 2 expos for 10$ a pop.

10$ it would be worth it for me to buy it and give it to my friend to force him to play it with me, 20$ just isnt worth it for me lol.

for a game with no campaign, it truely is a beast of a game, i do hope they make a campaign for the upcoming expac or part 2 when ever that will be

but every one should play this game it is amazing, its so much fun. i never played the multiplayer just the single player vs the PC tons of fun

I agree, I really wanted a campaign but still nothing, the expansion also does not appear to have a story mode either which sucks. I almost didnt buy the game initially due to this. However, the game is a huge amount of fun, even vs. just the computer.

They said they would only do a campaign mode if they could create one that didn't feel forced and fit well into the style of the game. They said they were looking at many ways of doing this. Obviously they came to the conclusion that any campaign ideas they came up with would be sub-par so best left out. I think the game really doesn't need a campaign. Load up a huge star map, throw in tons of AI with a mix of hard, normal, and one insane....and voila, you have a game that will last you over 20+ hours (assuming you play well and don't get wiped off the map early in the game).

Don't let the lack of campaign deter you from playing this gem of a game. It truly is fantastic as-is.'

ProTip: Try to ally with the Insane AI ASAP to make your life much easier early game...then backdoor it!

Wow I picked this up a while ago for full price and never got around to playing it. Guess I should un-shrink wrap this game.

Also, is there a good graphical enhancement mod for this game? I looked around and found the Star Wars mod and a few others a couple months ago, but I don't remember seeing anything that upgraded the graphics.

This is still a great game, especially with some of the mods/total conversions available for it. I highly recommend the Sins of a Galactic Empire (Star Wars) and Sacrifice of Angels 2 (Star Trek) mods. Both are extremely well done.

One of these days I have to get around to getting the Diplomacy expansion too.

I'll have to try the star wars mod, the star trek mod just has bad mechanics and is buggy as hell.

Well, there are some like Distant Suns and 7 Deadly Sins that add a bunch of stuff including new effects, planets, etc. into the game but nothing that radically increases detail. It is rare that I zoom down to actually see the fine details of ships anymore as I am more engrossed with managing my empire at the higher levels.

I'll have to try the star wars mod, the star trek mod just has bad mechanics and is buggy as hell.

Hrm, I've not played the Star Trek one in a while but I found it very well done when I did.

I was hoping just the original would be like 10$ or something... No luck. You either get the original plus 2 expo's for 20$ or the original for 20$ and 2 expos for 10$ a pop.

10$ it would be worth it for me to buy it and give it to my friend to force him to play it with me, 20$ just isnt worth it for me lol.

If they haven't changed it, you can legally let multiple people install and play off of one purchase on a LAN. Can't remember what the number is, but we had no problem getting 6 people playing off of 3 licenses the other week.

It's almost as though they wanted people to force their friends to play it with them... and then have those friends buy it :p

Stardock is great from a consumer-friendly perspective, and sins is a pretty solid game if you enjoy the genre. If you do decide to give it a try I'd suggest tweaking with the game speeds some (you can adjust how fast research is done, how fast you get resources, etc... so you can balance things to how fast you want the game to play)

Tried the original back when it first came out. Enjoyed it somewhat, but there were some issues I had with the way gameplay worked.

Got this deal though and tried it out once more, just going through the tutorials because I forgot pretty much everything.

However, is it just me or does the 'group-move' command not apply to attacking? Either that, or I had the default aggression settings too high (defaults to auto-attack whole gravity well, IIRC.)

Can you point out a site with working downloads for those mods? I went to moddb and in both cases they are busted. The SOGE zip reports "An attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file." and SoA2 is reported as an invalid archive by 7-zip. I've confirmed that my copy of 7-zip is working fine (it unzips other files fine) and that my browser is downloading fine (I went and downloaded another zip and unziped it) so it must be those downloads are corrupted.

Any alternate sites you know of that have them?

Thanks.

Back