Sink your teeth into this bad boy

FiZuR

Limp Gawd
Epower power supplies which is owned by Top Power, have their own manufacturing plant in taiwan. They are a sponsor for the Peace Love and Rockets lan events. Last month we raffled off their 950 watt power supply for the enthusiast gamer. Here is there 1050 watt PSU with 6 12volt rails each with 20A of power. The 3.3v has 28A and 5v has 28A as well. Thats a ton of power in any respect. Here is the link to the power supply from their main site. Also to note, the cost of many of their power supplies on newegg is relatively inexpensive for the overall quality of these PSU's.

1050spec.jpg

http://www.epowertec.com/zu1050w.html

For most gamers in general, 1KW psu is way more than will ever be needed, I personally use an 850Watt PSU and never have any problems at all. So the Epower version is something to marvel at. The price on newegg for this one is very affordable at only $169.99. Here is the full specifications for their 850watt.

- Max DC Output: 850W

- Supports the latest ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 standard

- Backward compatible with ATX12V 2.01 systems

- Auto switching circuitry provides universal AC input 110-240VAC

- Quiet and Cool 120mm thermally controlled fan

- Active PFC provides reliable power to your system.

- RoHs complied to help make a greener world

- Black Nickel Coating Chassis

- Quiet and Cool 120mm thermally controlled fan

- Turbo Fan Switch providing enhanced cooling

- Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection,

- Under Voltage Protection, Short Circuit Protection provide

- Safety Approvals: UL, CE, FCC, TUV

- Dimensions: 5.9" x 3.4" x 5.5" (W x H x D)

- Shipping Weight: 7lbs

- Package: Retail

- Warranty: 3 years

850spec.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817101029

Its Topower.

The have factories in China.

This is an old design.

And what at Topower do you do exactly?

[email protected] 8x450 for 1800Mhz FSB
2x1GB OCZ Reaper 1066
OCZ GameXtreme 850Watt PSU 78% efficiency
Abit IP35-Pro
150GB WD Raptor
Lian-Li V2000+2 Case
LG 22" LCD Widescreen 3000:1 Contrast ratio 2MS
BFG 8800GTX DangerDen waterblock
DangerDen Water Cooling

you should've atleast use or lie that you use the PSU that you advertise... you sir FAILED!!

They are a sponsor for the Peace Love and Rockets lan events. Last month we raffled off their 950 watt power supply for the enthusiast gamer. [/url]

Never said that i used one, but my friend who did win this is loving the heck out of this power supply.

plus, its not trying to be smarmy or anything, i just know people are looking for good power supplies that can do anything from running Tri-SLI or Quad Crossfire to say booting up a file server with 17 hard drives at once.

DU_Flame_Suit.jpg

For most gamers in general, 1KW psu is way more than will ever be needed, I personally use an 850Watt PSU and never have any problems at all. So the Epower version is something to marvel at. The price on newegg for this one is very affordable at only $169.99.

that's quite misleading then...

you disected my post to make it look misleading. I put the price tag for the 850watt with the description of the 850watt and NOT the 1kw.

and you do know that Kyle and the Crew here can smell BS and/or Advertisers in disguise from miles away

im not working for the company at all, im PR for Peace Love and Rockets. And the reason this got posted is i saw that people were looking for power supplies for certain hardware and thought that this would shed light on a power supply that would normally get overlooked as a low end power supply.

ok here is my analogy just having fun...

EPOWER sponsor PEACE LOVE and ROCKETS | PEACE LOVE and ROCKETS raffles EPOWER PSU and EPOWER makes us his BITCH? j/k

My intentions were not to mislead nor was it to start a flame war. If it was misleading then i apologize for any deception that you felt i presented in my original post.

My intentions were not to mislead nor was it to start a flame war. If it was misleading then i apologize for any deception that you felt i presented in my original post.
nah.. just poking fun here 2.6years here you should've known better we are [H] here so if you say you are who you are then so be it.... but it wont stop us having some fun on your thread and the responses you give :D :p ... eventually we will go away or not....

Seems like many of you have alot of built-up anger and energy, use it wisely, go outside and deck a bum in the head, instead of decking a name on your screen.

And the reason this got posted is i saw that people were looking for power supplies for certain hardware and thought that this would shed light on a power supply that would normally get overlooked as a low end power supply.

Then the less Spammy thing to do would be to reply to those posts stating: "Hey, I represent Peace Love and Rockets and ePower sponsored us and gave out a few of these power supplies as prizes and the folks that got them seem to be really happy with them. Here, check out the specs...."

But hind sight's 20/20. You'll know what to do next time. ;)

the nice thing that the 1kw and above have that no other power supply has is the ability to combine all the 12v rails into one massive rail which helps with file servers with multiple disks.

the nice thing that the 1kw and above have that no other power supply has is the ability to combine all the 12v rails into one massive rail which helps with file servers with multiple disks.

Well the Topower units don't actually have split rails. So like a lot of 1000w power supplies they are single rail units out of the box ;)

If I remember correctly, all PC Power & Cooling PSU's have a single 12V rail. I know the 610W, 860W, 1000W and the Silencer 750W does... I'd never buy a PSU from Topower/Epower, I'll stick to PCP&C, Tagan, Seasonic, Silverstone and OCZ.

Umm, doesn't Tagan=Topower, and many of OCZs units are Topower models as well, exception of course the PCP&C's and the newest line [that the [H] just reviewed]?

Uhh... Dunno. I only had a look at the 1200W. But it was pretty decent.

yeah, well, compared to BFG standards.....

BFGs114attemptat12V.jpg

alright alright seriously everyone else was beeing an Ass I figured I had to join in.

The new "ES" BFG PSU(s) are decent according Hard OCPs own tests. I didn't know [H] had its own in-house BFG guy, and the fact that we now do only confirms the theory that BFG now has a commitment to quality products on the PSU market. There you got your plug. Don't buy any PSU from BFG that doesn't have an ES somewhere in the name.

And yeah, that 1050W and 850W looks pretty steller. I was blown away when Thermaltakes 1200W was able to push out 100A on the 12V rails. Still, without ripple and Voltage droop readings claiming a PSU can handle 140A on the 12Vs is pretty, well, useless. Bring on the tests!

But uhh big BFG guy, is it true Jonny from Jonny Guru now works for you guys? whats he doing? I believe he joined only a few months before you guys started producing decent psus.

edit: Jon... Jonny... Gerro... GURU... raffleraffleraffleraffleraffleraffle.
edit2: Oklahomas here too. Half this thread should know more about my chart then I do....

well seeing how topower manufactures their own power supplies and those of other companies, i would like to dig deeper and find out the power effeciency..etc of the epower power supplies in a controlled environment. Would be really interesting to compare it to other well known brands.

then someone else produce a proper review of one of their power supplies

What a messy hack. It's two 1000w PSUs glued together. Skimpy underbuilt 1000w supplies from the look of it. Clever design but... who is going to buy it? You can get a 1600w that actually fits in a case for half the price (A 1600w that has actually been tested). Even if you used Peltiers you'd want a seperate 12v dedicated PSU for them, the voltage regulation on a regular PSU isn't good enough. On a peltier voltage fluctuation equals temperature fluctuation.

I laugh at these sites that hook up 200-300 watts worth of stuff to a 1000w+ PSU and go "Yep, this is awesome, buy it!"

Back