Single digit fps in diablo

Dome

2[H]4U
So I've been waiting to buy diablo 3 til I had some time to play it. Broke down last night. Bought it, installed it, played it.

Fps in the teens and single digits with settings high or low.

I run the asus g73jh with radeon mobility 5870.

I played the beta with settings I think on medium, high resolution and had no problems. I realize that the full game might be harder on the system but does this sound right?

On a related note, I tried to download and install new drivers and I pissed off my computer. Reverted to the old drivers okay, but I'm not sure what my next step should be

Not at home, but I'll give it a shot.

Pray tell what does this do?

Enable Vsync and turn off both the check-marks for Minimum/Maximum FPS.

Which drivers are you using? If 12.4, don't use those. I probably wouldn't use 12.3 either (mobility wise of course).

I'm running 12.4's on my laptop (in sig.) atm and it's...OK. I feel like it shouldn't be fluctuating so much in performance, since every other game gets its ass kicked HARD by my setup. I'd just blame the game acting funky with drivers for the time being.

thanks guys, i did both of those things, and now i got medium/high settings at full resolution running smoothly at 50's and 60's ish

i love you guys

for me it was set to '4'

when i took his advice it got fixed asap

It was something that was a common issue with what seems to be laptops as far as I can tell.

I haven't messed with the setting personally, but from what I read it's sort of a performance mode for lower end hardware (which doesn't make sense in a lot of contexts like the 5870m). I haven't found anything definitive on what visual fidelity is lost when you do set it to 1 though.

I've just kind of pegged it as a driver incompatibility issue for now, for my situation at least. Other games run superb (BF3 for instance).

I've just kind of pegged it as a driver incompatibility issue for now, for my situation at least. Other games run superb (BF3 for instance).

I want to say it's AMD since my laptop runs it fine with a 9800M GS, but some nVidia users are reporting the same issue, so who knows.

I'm in the same boat with my new m14x r2 (nvidia 650m). I've noticed that in fullscreen mode I get nearly double the fps (may be an Optimus issue?). There are currently no drivers available for the 650m either... (not even listed on NV website).

I'm in the same boat with my new m14x r2 (nvidia 650m). I've noticed that in fullscreen mode I get nearly double the fps (may be an Optimus issue?). There are currently no drivers available for the 650m either... (not even listed on NV website).

I would check to see if the 650m is downclocked when it's in windowed mode.

I got mine from Benchmark Guru 3D that I found in a post on NotebookReviewForums.com. I'd check around there on the Alienware -- M14X section, see if anyone's posted anything new. The 12.4 Mobility's work fine, but it's far from great. Expected though, since the chips are so new.

I have an Asus G74SX (i7, 560M 3GB, 12gb ram, 128gb ssd) and I was dropping down to 1-3 FPS when a group of enemies swarmed me even in low settings. After following the instructions below, I now run at a constant 60FPS at max settings with no lag. Might give it a try if you have multi-core CPU. Got the info from Blizzard forums somewhere.

Removing Core Parking from multi-core CPU's in Windows 7

i shouldn't have asked given that i have no idea what you're talking about (hardware wise) either way, thanks

It's definitely an AMD driver issue. I have an HD3850, old I know, that would cause crazy artifacts with shadows.

Rolled the drivers back to 10.8 and it's all good. Almost 2 year old drivers work better than the 12.3, 12.4 and the hotfix version. :rolleyes:

Back