Singaporean Retailer Lists Purported Ryzen 3000 Pricing

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Bizgram, a Singaporean distributor, has published a catalog listing AMD’s upcoming Ryzen 3000 “Zen 2” range of CPUs and their alleged pricing. These include the Ryzen 5 3600X at $229, Ryzen 7 3700X at $329, and Ryzen 9 3850X at $499. According to Tom’s Hardware, the listing correlates with AdoredTV's leak last year. “It's hard to say what's happened here with this listing. Perhaps Bizgram just copied the rumored spec sheet and guessed what pricing would be, essentially listing the pricing as a placeholder.”

…at this stage, it's unlikely prices have been finalized down to the dollar (and the prices are in Singaporean dollars, by the way). Usually, with these types of listings, prices do end up changing. For example, the Xeon W 3175 and the Core i9-9900K were listed at much higher prices than they actually launched at across several retailers. Bizgram did, however, leak 9th gen Intel prices and some specifications a month before they launched, with prices being very accurate compared to launch prices, so the retailer does have some credibility.

Which motherboard do you have ? Is there a list of motherboard that would support the higher core counts somewhere ? (Asking for CH7)
I would assume that as long as power delivery isn't an issue all AM4 should support the higher core count. Considering the power efficiency gains that they achieved with 7nm, that likely isn't a problem for most decent boards.

I plan on dropping a 12c in my Asus x470 Prime Pro and OC'ing it to within an inch of its life. If that board can handle running a 1600 @ 4.1Ghz (1.45V, 130% current) with no direct airflow over the Vrms then I am not too worried with the efficiency gaind that 7nm brings unless AMD had to clock these to their Max (which I do not think is the case).

I think AMD is going for parity with Intel on the 9900k, while besting them vastly on price and leaving some (10-16%?) Clockspeed in the tank to make OC'ers happy and give them a counter if Intel manages to pull anotjer 5-8% Ipc out with Ice lake.

Which motherboard do you have ? Is there a list of motherboard that would support the higher core counts somewhere ? (Asking for CH7)

As long as the motherboard has an AM4 slot it'll support any 3rd generation ryzen. I may stick with my B350 motherboard (1st generation AM4 mortherboard) as it has everything i need still.

Just make sure to upgrade the bios prior to installing a newer chip as it probably won't boot otherwise.

16 core shipping with higher base clock and boost clock than the 8 core with base clocks matching most people's overclocked 2700x? Coupled with expected new generation architectural changes resulting in IPC gains, the 3850x would annihilate any CPU on the market.

Please be true, but I'm reserving my excitement.

c468655b241e1768b24796ccf048a890--office-space-movie-office-spaces.jpg

Things go well, I might be showing AMD my O face

As long as the motherboard has an AM4 slot it'll support any 3rd generation ryzen. I may stick with my B350 motherboard (1st generation AM4 mortherboard) as it has everything i need still.

Just make sure to upgrade the bios prior to installing a newer chip as it probably won't boot otherwise.

I would think VRM would need to be designed for the extra load in the first place. Not sure if all AM4 boards can support Ryzen 9. Will see

I'm excited about the new CPU's on the way. I feel like the price for these chips (if stays close) is pretty good. I paid $1000 for an Pentium 90 way back in the day...compared to this, CPU prices have dropped a lot.
Now, 8 or 16C...hmm.

It's BS.

It's just the Adored BS over again with slightly different prices, and includes Models AMD has pretty much confirmed won't exist ( Ryzen chiplet with GPU chiplet).

i would be happy if someone could give an idea what memory speeds we are looking at for the 3xxx series with the x570 :)

Shouldn't we be hearing some official info soon if these processors are coming out in 3-4 months? When are we going to start getting news on x570 boards?

I'll take a 3850 please.

Should speed up my Handbrake encodes nicely.

Im more interested in finding out single core performance before I upgrade my 6700K

Okay...my 4790 just gulped and said, "But what about that damn 8350 you're also still running???"

*sigh* Looks like I'll be doing some irresponsible spending here soon.

Running a b350 tomahawk mobo and its served me well through 1600 and 1700. Ill upgrade my chipset and go with a 3700x or 3850

I really hope they take the performance crown this summer, but I feel like the two memory channels are going to be the constraining factor to feed those 32 threads. Hopefully memory clocks nice and high on that IO die with a good amount of cache to help out. Looking forward to launch!

Back