Since upgrade to 8.1 having problems on multiple computers...

hdgamer

Gawd
First off Internet Explorer crashes and keeps giving me warning boxes when using the IE in desktop. Does not do this when I use IE from the start menu.

But my main problem I'm having is none of my computers go to sleep, monitor doesn't shut off, and even my screensaver doesn't work. The computers just stay on the entire time. Has anyone fixed this problem since the update? I've tried many power saver settings and nothing seems to work. I've left homegroup and turned off all sharing and still nothing...

See if the action center is telling you to re-install or update any drivers. And try reinstalling/updating your video driver.

I had problems after upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1. I actually had to reinstall my OS and everything is running perfect now. The reset / restore function was broken after the upgrade. Said it was missing files.

Well got all the latest drivers and nothing. Computer was on all night. My ASUS ez update has a new update for me. Go to install it and it crashes. Lots of crashes since this 8.1 update. I'm beginning to think that upgrading to 8.1 was a big mistake.

Windows update is saying 3 important updates. I go to update and it says it's already installed. WTF.

Back