Since downtime, stats showing end of may

fenderltd

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2007
First off, thank GOODNESS [H] is back online!! It seems the stats were rolled back to end of May ish. Just wanted to let the issue be known in case our main man King hasn't seen yet (which I am fully sure he has). Thanks King, and I know you will have us back up 110% very soon!

First off, thank GOODNESS [H] is back online!! It seems the stats were rolled back to end of May ish. Just wanted to let the issue be known in case our main man King hasn't seen yet (which I am fully sure he has). Thanks King, and I know you will have us back up 110% very soon!

I could be way off base here, it’s happened before, but I’m guessing by how slow the forum is running the servers are either not in their new home yet or not fully tweaked.

King and Cliff work pretty closely so I’m sure it will get worked out as quickly as possible.:)

I am not seeing a decrease in speed, but I also think the server is housed right around me 30miles or less in dallas texas. I have full faith in the whole staff, just thought I would give the heads up.

Seeing how hardforum outage also killed hardfolding, I guess both are on the same servers rack. Since it's not fully tweaked, it's slow indeed and throw the 3-4 days backlog in the mix and you have a bad problem. It need to process everything to catch up the backlog and it's slow :(

We just trust our admins to do their fine work, knowing why the servers needed to be moved along with a hardware failure.

Since it's not fully tweaked, it's slow indeed and throw the 3-4 days backlog in the mix and you have a bad problem. It need to process everything to catch up the backlog and it's slow :(

FLECOM's backlog alone will probably crash them again. :p

FLECOM's backlog alone will probably crash them again. :p

Yeah, that's why we are having these troubles, FLECOM's production is boggin down the servers.
Have faith, we back up in no time

Some where you guys seem to be missing the point:

http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

The top 5 threads should shed some light.

There is an ongoing thread in GenMay as well.

Some serious shit went down from what I can see and I believe it will be more then a day or two get get it all resolved.

Some where you guys seem to be missing the point:

http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

The top 5 threads should shed some light.

There is an ongoing thread in GenMay as well.

Some serious shit went down from what I can see and I believe it will be more then a day or two get get it all resolved.

From my observation and the tracert reports posted by various members, it's not a bandwidth or internet connection issue but more about a database issue. Something is bogging down the server or the link between the clusters isn't optimized.

Stats is now being updated and I think it's almost done. It's great to see such big points update amounts (10k to 60k for the first page big hitters).

Stats is now being updated and I think it's almost done. It's great to see such big points update amounts (10k to 60k for the first page big hitters).

It has been 7 hours since you posted and it still isnt "almost done".

Yup, the site is back up but it will probably take a while to stabilize. Form speed has come way up as well so progress is being made for sure.

This is one of those times you have to be glad you don’t work in IT.:p

Well, it shows current right now so the software held up.

I did bitch at King because the end of May ended up in June, something he has no control over but I told him to get off his butt and parse out all quarter of a million users by hand…;)

The good news is June's numbers got a great jump start:)

Well, it shows current right now so the software held up.

I did bitch at King because the end of May ended up in June, something he has no control over but I told him to get off his butt and parse out all quarter of a million users by hand…;)

The good news is June's numbers got a great jump start:)

Yes, some columns is wrong. A example : the last 8 months columns has 2 empty fields for april and may so I think King need to reparse the data and rearrange it correctly, assuming he has a full list of all the updates with the date/time.

I don't know but they seem stable now and I apparently had a hell of a day on Sunday :)

Yes, some columns is wrong. A example : the last 8 months columns has 2 empty fields for april and may so I think King need to reparse the data and rearrange it correctly, assuming he has a full list of all the updates with the date/time.

Great idea, but I did my post in jest. I think it's a bit much to hand edit data from 250,000 users.

Also keep in mind the database was possibly damaged to some degree so I'd wait a few days to see if some of the issues are resolved.:)

Thru the whole day, I see some numbers being shifted with some data now correct and other not correct anymore. A example now is the PPD calculations, which is terribly wrong with a artifically raised amount for most (mine is at 24k ppd when in reality, it's less than half of that :eek: ).

At least, the total points amount is correct for everyone. Only the averages, last 8 stats are a bit off.

Back